MFW-15 with 250W amp?

twk123

Hey guys I have the opportunity to get a dirt cheap MFW-15 with a blown amp (Like most are by now) possibly for $60 or so. Anyway, I have my old Klipsch SW-12 II that is currently being powered by a Dayton Audio 250W plate amp. I like the sub for music but its too laid back for HT work. Do you guys think that Dayton amp could power the MFW-15 well? I know it originally comes with a 350W amp.

Edited by twk123

I think that driver was used originally when Lil Mike modeled the cinema F-20.  I'd build one of those and power it with a BASH 300watt plate amp.  Partsexpress puts them on sale from time to time at great prices.

Thats is pretty cool. I would like to build one of those someday and its good to know I have the amp and driver and only a few pieces of plywood away... :D   I picked up the sub last night and simply drilled 2 holes in the old plate amp and routed the driver wires through to my Dayton Amp. I have to say that even with 250W the sub is more than enough in my room. The guy I bought it from was cool and had a 3.2 system with DIY Soundgroup Elusive 1099 LCR on top of 2 sealed boxes with 15'' Ultimax drivers and an Berhringer amp so it was good to talk to another enthusiast and see how his system worked.

Btw If you have the Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition, the scene at the Council of Elrond where Gandalf speaks in the Mordor language is possible one of the most awesome under the radar ULF scenes I have experienced. :ph34r: