No Bullshit isn't enough

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

We are a Klipsch Community. I get that. It's supposed to be about music and speakers. No argument here.

But I am willing to bet that there is a fair amount of people who are bursting at the seams that want to be able to discuss the goings on in this country with the people and the friends they have in these forums, but are not able to.

Something profound happened today in Washington D.C. that is just wrong on so many levels and we are supposed to come here and act like it didn't happen.

Sure, I can go post on other sites and voice my opinion. But that voice is lost amongst thousands of voices that are meaningless to me. Just as my voice is meaningless to them. At least here, I am conversing with people who share common interests. A bond.

This country is changing in profound ways. We will be affected by these changes. Not being able to share our concerns or our happiness about them in a community purported to be as tight-nit as this one is seems insincere.

I'm not asking for access to the no bullshit forum. I actually have little interest in it because my focus is based more on the whole community and not just a sliver. I'm asking that those who have the power put their heads together and find a way where people can share on a level that profoundly affects us all. Because I guarantee you, things aren't going to calm down in this country any time soon and this subject will continue to come up in these forums because people are clamoring for outlets to talk about their fears, their hopes, and their frustrations.

I keep reading comments on this forum about family and friendships. Well I suppose this is a challenge to that concept: Family and friends talk about the things we aren't allowed to talk about.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Mostly because the people paying the bills here does not want it and there are some who prove over and over they can't control what they say, it's really that simple. 

I don't make the rules, I just try to stay within them. :huh:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

But I am willing to bet that there is a fair amount of people who are bursting at the seams that want to be able to discuss the goings on in this country with the people and the friends they have in these forums, but are not able to.

Something profound happened today in Washington D.C. that is just wrong on so many levels and we are supposed to come here and act like it didn't happen.

I hadn't seen that until you referenced it, so I looked it up, and wow, you are right.  But I will leave it right there, and move elsewhere.

I am so with you in terms of wanting to discuss such issues with others I have come to know and respect on this board, but then the other side of the equation is that this is the Klipsch Discussion Forum.  Klipsch is here to make money and they deal in the global economy.  I can well understand from a business point of view why such topics of conversation should be avoided like the plague.

As much as I'd like to hear others' opinions, I just don't see any reason in the world why Klipsch would want provide the vehicle for controversial talk.  None.

• Like 2

I checked the following media outlets and found different headlines altogether:

CNN reported we are sending tanks to Europe to stand off the Russians.

Fox reported Obama is allowing Americans to pay ransoms to ISIS.

MSNBC reported Rand Paul is against the confederate flags.

Reddit posts that a drummer farted in a DC nightclub and the owner was fined $500.

Business as usual I guess... :unsure:

Edited by twk123
  • Like 1

Guest Steven1963

This is what I was referring to:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-23/obama-faces-union-anger-ahead-corporate-coup-detat-trade-deal-fast-track-vote

But I am linking it ONLY for clarification purposes. I am not intent on starting a debate about it. I'm simply providing it for clarity to my original post. Click and read ONLY. Don't come back here and comment on it.

This is what I was referring to:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-23/obama-faces-union-anger-ahead-corporate-coup-detat-trade-deal-fast-track-vote

But I am linking it ONLY for clarification purposes. I am not intent on starting a debate about it. I'm simply providing it for clarity to my original post. Click and read ONLY. Don't come back here and comment on it.

Isn't that the same source which was certain we'd all be dead from the ebola virus by now?

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Shooting the messenger? Read the damn thing, don't read the damn thing. Go to another site and read the damn thing. Jesus.

Here Michael, maybe now it'll carry more weight with you. Although I think you'd find the first link contains more detail. Same rules apply: DO NOT COMMENT ABOUT THE SUBJECT. Link is provided for clarification purposes only.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/23/senate-fast-track_n_7645348.html

Edited by Steven1963

I didn't see that!  So we're sending tanks in anticipation of a tank war with the Ruskies in Europe?  :o

Holy Cold War Batman, what quaint 1950's thinking that is.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Shooting the messenger? Read the damn thing, don't read the damn thing. Go to another site and read the damn thing. Jesus.

Here Michael, maybe now it'll carry more weight with you. Although I think you'd find the first link contains more detail. Same rules apply: DO NOT COMMENT ABOUT THE SUBJECT. Link is provided for clarification purposes only.

oh come on man, can't we just have some fun back and forth ribbing?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Sorry Michael, I'm just a little bit pissed off about this whole thing and not in a playful mood. I know that was probably your intent.

This is what I was referring to: (fast-track legislation)

Geez Steven, I thought sure the Big News you were referring to is that President Obama now allowing the negotiating of ransom with terrorists!  

Glad we all see things in the news the same way.  :lol:

Edited by wvu80

You talking about the weight above his belt buckle?

Keith

I didn't see that!  So we're sending tanks in anticipation of a tank war with the Ruskies in Europe?  :o

Holy Cold War Batman, what quaint 1950's thinking that is.  :rolleyes:

The funny thing is I never would have seen that except for this thread. It cracks me up how we clandestinely set up a violent overthrow of the Ukrainian government right next to Moscow with tons of ethnic Russians in the country which is very near a region that recently underwent horrific ethnic cleansing under similar circumstances then the US actually has the balls to get butthurt at the Russians for putting troops on their own border.

At the OP- The TPP is a classic example of selling out our Rule of Law to corporate interests and why the same Liberals who so protested the WTO agreements are silent because their boy Obama is doing it shocks me.

Anyway, I figured I would give my quick .02 before this thread gets locked. On that note, its hard not to want to discuss these issues with our friends here but these sort of things turn into flame wars real quick which is fine for a political site but its not good for Klipsch if someone comes here looking for speaker advice and is turned away by fighting and ends but getting conned into a wireless Bose system  by some sales guy at BestBuy instead...

• Like 1

Ya know many years ago when I worked at the dealership, I had this boss....he was really a good boss. I was the type of tech I could do almost anything. Cuz I was the guy that could fix stuff other's couldn't.....and I made the owner a lot of money.....

Now with that said I could walk into that service manager's office and get just about anything I wanted (with-in reason).

Now there were a few times I walked in that office bitching up a storm....throwing my weight around.....telling him that (what ever it was at the time) this is "BullShitt" or that's "BullShitt" and I would just go on.....well he would always sit there and listen to all I was going on about........then it would go something like this......Mark I see your point and understand.....but I am the boss, I made the "BullShitt" and this is the way it's going to be......

Well once he said that I new it was a done deal......but I did feel better after my little tantrum....

Sometimes.......a lot of times.....it is what it is.....

MKP :-)

• Like 1