No Bullshit isn't enough

Guest Steven1963

Im thinking of an offsite forum with a catchy name like "Friends of Paul", that can be used when these sensitive subjects come up. It can be referenced and linked by members that need to get something out and discussed. Totally unaffiliated with the klipsch brand. I am not a web genius, and I have no idea of cost, but it should be doable.  I also think if it comes down to it money won't be a barrier.

Im thinking of an offsite forum with a catchy name like "Friends of Paul", that can be used when these sensitive subjects come up. It can be referenced and linked by members that need to get something out and discussed. Totally unaffiliated with the klipsch brand. I am not a web genius, and I have no idea of cost, but it should be doable.  I also think if it comes down to it money won't be a barrier.

Check your PM.

IDK, I come here to learn about audio, not to discuss politics or religion. There are plenty of sites I can go run my mouth if I so choose. The "old timers" are all fed up with the blathering of the newer members (myself included) to the point they no longer participate or are considering leaving the site. I don't consider anyone here "family" but I have developed some great friends here. And we stay friends because we don't talk about world events, we discuss audio and stray into guns, booze, and other vices.

Klipsch offers this site for people to discuss all brands of audio, they don't ban talking about other brands of gear, so in that regard, IT IS an OPEN forum. If anyone feels the need to discuss world events,  PM whoever you think really cares about your opinion or go yell from the mountaintops to whoever will listen. Maybe you will hear an echo, you can listen to yourself and impress yourself with your brilliance

Mark

• Like 5

Guest Steven1963
Maybe you will hear an echo, you can listen to yourself and impress yourself with your brilliance

You are, clearly, one of those that cannot handle topics outside your comfort zone. Yet, like a car accident, you click and read because you just can't help yourself. Then, completely repulsed by the topic, offer a full frontal assault to anyone who may have offended your sense of entitlement - to be free of things that affect your daily life.

Guest Steven1963

This is what I was referring to: (fast-track legislation)

Geez Steven, I thought sure the Big News you were referring to is that President Obama now allowing the negotiating of ransom with terrorists!  

Glad we all see things in the news the same way.  :lol:

I know right! That's part of the issue is so much crap going on it's hard to keep up and give every event its due consideration. That one is certainly an important one also....

Maybe you will hear an echo, you can listen to yourself and impress yourself with your brilliance

You are, clearly, one of those that cannot handle topics outside your comfort zone. Yet, like a car accident, you click and read because you just can't help yourself. Then, completely repulsed by the topic, offer a full frontal assault to anyone who may have offended your sense of entitlement - to be free of things that affect your daily life.

My comfort zone is wide open. My comments weren't directed at anyone, I think my statement is right on. There are plenty of places to voice your opinion, use them. My entitlement? To be able to come to this site and get away from everything and learn more about something I really enjoy.

Mark

• Like 2

You are, clearly, one of those that cannot handle topics outside your comfort zone.

Actually, that more describes me.  :D

If this weren't the KLIPSCH website, you could say anything and discuss any topic and it wouldn't bother or offend me.  I work with troubled kids so I get called names for a living.

But when I post to a corporate website, I am always aware that I am a guest in someone else's house, so being respectful of our hosts is the first order of the day for me.

Heck, I don't even like it when KLIPSCH uses the bull**** word.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Guest Steven1963

My comfort zone is wide open. My comments weren't directed at anyone, I think my statement is right on. There are plenty of places to voice your opinion, use them. My entitlement? To be able to come to this site and get away from everything and learn more about something I really enjoy.

Mark

I think you might have missed the more important meaning of my post, which was that while yes, I can go to other sites and voice an opinion, mine is lost in the thousands of posts by people who I don't relate to. And frankly, the vast majority of those posts are senseless. Whereas many of the people on this site are thoughtful and intelligent and I am genuinely interested in what they think on certain topics. Topics that are wide ranging and outside the limits of this corporations mission.

Food for thought: times are changing. Perhaps the model Klipsch began this forum under isn't viable anymore? Perhaps the "old timer's" aren't capable of adjusting to new ways that newer members prefer them done?  Brands learn to adjust to the times, or they suffer. Rigid brands that refuse to change perish. Now I'm not saying that is happening here, but I can see trends. Such as seeing a post about a topic of music or speaker and watching it go with barely a response. Conversely, a thread like this (or the original No Bullshit post) gets all kinds of input and responses - and we can't even talk about the essence of what it was posted about!

Edited by Steven1963

Mark

I think you might have missed the more important meaning of my post, which was that while yes, I can go to other sites and voice an opinion, mine is lost in the thousands of posts by people who I don't relate to. And frankly, the vast majority of those posts are senseless. Whereas many of the people on this site are thoughtful and intelligent and I am genuinely interested in what they think on certain topics. Topics that are wide ranging and outside the limits of this corporations mission.

Food for thought: times are changing. Perhaps the model Klipsch began this forum under isn't viable anymore? Perhaps the "old timer's" aren't capable of adjusting to new ways that newer members prefer them done?  Brands learn to adjust to the times, or they suffer. Rigid brands that refuse to change perish. Now I'm not saying that is happening here, but I can see trends. Such as seeing a post about a topic of music or speaker and watching it go with barely a response. Conversely, a thread like this (or the original No Bullshit post) gets all kinds of input and responses - and we can't even talk about the essence of what it was posted about!

Yep.  The original bond that ties us is fun and all, but if your entire relationship is built on "playing checkers," you are a very dull person and the relationship will soon become very dull, too.  Once we get to know each other a little, it's fun to share opinions and see how we still get along together.  The fact that such talk destroys some people's relationships is truly a shame - especially, when it ruins the opportunity for everyone else.

Sure, you can tell everyone to go somewhere else, but the crowd is never the same.

Hey Steven, we're glad you are here.  I've always felt blessed to have so many members here who are knowledgeable about my beloved hobby and I am grateful for each and every one of you posting your thoughts, opinions and experiences with it.   

So....

Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will likely be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

Not that hard to understand.  It's kind of like the Khorn, it has worked for years, lets not try to fix it!  naughty.gif

If you'd like to share your thoughts, opinions and experiences on those topics, you can use the PM feature. 

Dennie (old timer, who had over 16,000 posts before the new software) music.gif

• Like 2

The fact that such talk destroys some people's relationships is truly a shame - especially, when it ruins the opportunity for everyone else.

Life is like a jar of habanero and jalapeno peppers, what you do today can burn your butt tomorrow. :rolleyes: 

3,920 to go.....

The original bond that ties us is fun and all, but if your entire relationship is built on "playing checkers," you are a very dull person and the relationship will soon become very dull, too.  

Some say that early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise; I say it only makes Jack a dull boy.  :emotion-14:

3,919 to go.....