No Bullshit isn't enough

Guest Steven1963

We are a Klipsch Community. I get that. It's supposed to be about music and speakers. No argument here.

But I am willing to bet that there is a fair amount of people who are bursting at the seams that want to be able to discuss the goings on in this country with the people and the friends they have in these forums, but are not able to.

Something profound happened today in Washington D.C. that is just wrong on so many levels and we are supposed to come here and act like it didn't happen.

Sure, I can go post on other sites and voice my opinion. But that voice is lost amongst thousands of voices that are meaningless to me. Just as my voice is meaningless to them. At least here, I am conversing with people who share common interests. A bond.

This country is changing in profound ways. We will be affected by these changes. Not being able to share our concerns or our happiness about them in a community purported to be as tight-nit as this one is seems insincere.

I'm not asking for access to the no bullshit forum. I actually have little interest in it because my focus is based more on the whole community and not just a sliver. I'm asking that those who have the power put their heads together and find a way where people can share on a level that profoundly affects us all. Because I guarantee you, things aren't going to calm down in this country any time soon and this subject will continue to come up in these forums because people are clamoring for outlets to talk about their fears, their hopes, and their frustrations.

I keep reading comments on this forum about family and friendships. Well I suppose this is a challenge to that concept: Family and friends talk about the things we aren't allowed to talk about.

I agree with this post, and I must point out that I agree without knowing (or remembering) what Steven1963's political or religious positions are.  I just would like to hear what he has to say.

I, also, would like to hear the social, political and/or religious positions taken by other forum members that I have come to know fairly well.  I consider them friends, and I'm interested in knowing what my friends think, and why.

As to "the people paying the bills here" -- one of the best audio companies in the world -- not wanting it, I would ask what they are afraid of.  The opinions of forum members certainly would not be monolithic!  There would be an ever shapeshifting balance (dynamic balance?).  I can't see how politely stated political or religious views in the Lounge would reflect badly on the company.  Those writing personally insulting or hostile posts could be warned, or the offending post deleted, with a reason given to all the rest of us.  Paul Klipsch shared his reason for changing churches (a doctrine he did not agree with held by the officials of the local branch of the first church).  I love how Daddy Dee stated his "occupation."  I assume it is still there in his bio material.  Yet, I am not offended by hearing from people who may hold contrary opinions. 

• Like 1

Yet, I am not offended by hearing from people who may hold contrary opinions.

And you sir, are not the problem and never will be the problem.  :)

+++

If I owned Klipsch, I'd play it safe when it comes to divisive issues of any kind.  The only thing I would want people arguing about on my website is whether a pair of 6.5" drivers or a single 8" driver is better for a living room setup.  B)

• Like 1

Hey Dog, What's up?

Mark

Not much.  Just chillin' with a cold one on a fine Texas Summer evening.

Cheers Seadog! I just opened a cold Belhaven Scottish ale after mowing the lawn. :emotion-22: I was a different screen name yesterday but with all of the new folks in the other place needed to change in case someone get offended. :ph34r:

Fwiw, I never engaged in useless conversation to get my post count and loved the way you characterized how/why you didn't make the cut and others were allowed in--some *stuff* sucks but what do you do? It's good to see you posting although didn't realize you skimmed the other side...

• Like 1

We are a Klipsch Community. I get that. It's supposed to be about music and speakers. No argument here.

But I am willing to bet that there is a fair amount of people who are bursting at the seams that want to be able to discuss the goings on in this country with the people and the friends they have in these forums, but are not able to.

Something profound happened today in Washington D.C. that is just wrong on so many levels and we are supposed to come here and act like it didn't happen.

Sure, I can go post on other sites and voice my opinion. But that voice is lost amongst thousands of voices that are meaningless to me. Just as my voice is meaningless to them. At least here, I am conversing with people who share common interests. A bond.

This country is changing in profound ways. We will be affected by these changes. Not being able to share our concerns or our happiness about them in a community purported to be as tight-nit as this one is seems insincere.

I'm not asking for access to the no bullshit forum. I actually have little interest in it because my focus is based more on the whole community and not just a sliver. I'm asking that those who have the power put their heads together and find a way where people can share on a level that profoundly affects us all. Because I guarantee you, things aren't going to calm down in this country any time soon and this subject will continue to come up in these forums because people are clamoring for outlets to talk about their fears, their hopes, and their frustrations.

I keep reading comments on this forum about family and friendships. Well I suppose this is a challenge to that concept: Family and friends talk about the things we aren't allowed to talk about.

I agree with this post, and I must point out that I agree without knowing (or remembering) what Steven1963's political or religious positions are.  I just would like to hear what he has to say.

I, also, would like to hear the social, political and/or religious positions taken by other forum members that I have come to know fairly well.  I consider them friends, and I'm interested in knowing what my friends think, and why.

As to "the people paying the bills here" -- one of the best audio companies in the world -- not wanting it, I would ask what they are afraid of.  The opinions of forum members certainly would not be monolithic!  There would be an ever shapeshifting balance (dynamic balance?).  I can't see how politely stated political or religious views in the Lounge would reflect badly on the company.  Those writing personally insulting or hostile posts could be warned, or the offending post deleted, with a reason given to all the rest of us.  Paul Klipsch shared his reason for changing churches (a doctrine he did not agree with held by the officials of the local branch of the first church).  I love how Daddy Dee stated his "occupation."  I assume it is still there in his bio material.  Yet, I am not offended by hearing from people who may hold contrary opinions. 

I have been here for almost 15 years and I am going to let you in on a little secret--Most of you would not enjoy discussing some of these topics you hold dear unless you are willing to hear that not everyone agrees with you...What's more, some people get obsessed with certain topics and that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on perspective. If it's a good thing folks have great discussions where everyone learns--If it's a bad thing you will quickly see why these discussions aren't held on the regular Forum for those that come here to inquire about speakers or talk about audio.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Zen Traveler

Yet, I am not offended by hearing from people who may hold contrary opinions.

And you sir, are not the problem and never will be the problem.  :)

+++

If I owned Klipsch, I'd play it safe when it comes to divisive issues of any kind.  The only thing I would want people arguing about on my website is whether a pair of 6.5" drivers or a single 8" driver is better for a living room setup.  B)

Yep...But then again, at some point they want some of the old timers to stay and how many times can you tell someone they may not need that much power to drive Klipsch speakers? :huh:

• Like 1

OK, so here's an idea that I've floated before.

I sometimes play cards online.  Specifically Euchre since I enjoy it so much.  (much faster paced than say, bridge and still more strategic than something like spades/hearts or even, go fish!)

A crowd could meet online, toss some cards and yack until you are blue in the face.

There is a crowd of people (beginning to thin down quite a bit now) that I've been playing cards with for gosh....  almost 15 years? (yikes)

• Like 1

I have been here for almost 15 years and I am going to let you in on a little secret--Most of you would not enjoy discussing some of these topics you hold dear unless you are willing to hear that not everyone agrees with you...What's more, some people get obsessed with certain topics and that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on perspective. If it's a good thing folks have great discussions where everyone learns--If it's a bad thing you will quickly see why these discussions aren't held on the regular Forum for those that come here to inquire about speakers or talk about audio.

My 2 cents.

Just what is it that all them big elite dogs are talking about that had to be so private in a secret cave? The K company don't write any of these poss its all done by by people WHO BOUGHT THEY SPEAKERS!!!!LOL whose really the boss if not costomer????lol lol everyone worries about the company collecting all the money lollop!!!

Hey Dog, What's up?

Mark

Not much.  Just chillin' with a cold one on a fine Texas Summer evening.

Cheers Seadog! I just opened a cold Belhaven Scottish ale after mowing the lawn. :emotion-22: I was a different screen name yesterday but with all of the new folks in the other place needed to change in case someone get offended. :ph34r:

Fwiw, I never engaged in useless conversation to get my post count and loved the way you characterized how/why you didn't make the cut and others were allowed in--some *stuff* sucks but what do you do? It's good to see you posting although didn't realize you skimmed the other side...

Belhaven Scottish ale sounds really good after yard work on a hot day!  

There are some very intelligent and articulate members here with views across the spectrum of everything.  I did find myself reading a lot of topics there (especially on slow news days here).  Typically, someone had already made whatever relevant points that I would have made, so I seldom posted unless I thought I had something worthwhile to add to the discussion.

Edited by Seadog

Just what is it that all them big elite dogs are talking about that had to be so private in a secret cave? The K company don't write any of these poss its all done by by people WHO BOUGHT THEY SPEAKERS!!!!LOL whose really the boss if not costomer????lol lol everyone worries about the company collecting all the money lollop!!!

There are none of the people in which you speak on that part of the forum and in fact it's quite mundane for most who look in on most days. For the record, there are no Kiipsch employees/owners posting in there except Chad, to reminding us that we are Klipsch employees. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zen Traveler

...  I did find myself reading a lot of topics there (especially on slow news days here).  Typically, someone had already made whatever relevant points that I would have made, so I seldom posted unless I thought I had something worthwhile to add to the discussion.

That was me as well. :) (EDIT: except the "someone had already made whatever relevant point" part. ^_^

Edited by Zen Traveler
  • Like 1

My 2 cents.

WHAT?

Mark

• Like 1

• Moderators

There are none of the people in which you speak on that part of the forum and in fact it's quite mundane for most who look in on most days. For the record, there are no Kiipsch employees/owners posting in there except Chad, to reminding us that we are Klipsch employees. :rolleyes:

Very true, don't know where the elite dogs thing came from but there is no such thing, also you would be shockingly bored if you were to see the old place this happened.

Post count just happens, it does nothing or has any indication of anything more than what it is, sorry but there is nothing to it, nothing I can see at least.

The new Zen Traveler knows he has been there, I have looked myself b o r I n g, I didn't participate, Zen Traveler knows this and knows I am telling the truth.   

Who is the boss ? With every company it's the company, they try to please the customer but in the end they are #1 or they usually don't last long.

With all the politically correctness today I wouldn't take a chance if I owned the company, all it takes is one misplaced sentence and it's all over the news as a klipsch statement.

No one needs to believe me, I really don't give a rats bass, I am here for fun not to talk politics or religion, I can see the section, have I posted anything or read it NO, it's not why I am here.

Just for the record I don't know or care about post count, I never look, they can take them all away for all I care. And as far as the moderator thing I was not within 10 miles of an internet connection for 11 days and was voted a moderator, found out when I got back, so I guess I really don't qualify as one of those elite dogs ? That's just funny and so far from the truth of how things work here.

Why would I lie about any of this ? 

• Like 2

I read the posts there all the time. Its as exciting as heck. I especially like the door prize giveaways.

Keith

Is there a toaster give away?????

Oldtimer....Oldtimer....

MKP :-)

I wish.  I am due a toaster, yet so far there has been no toaster delivered.  It makes one think of alternate means of receiving said toaster.  Hopefully it will not come to that.

• Like 1