Need advice for new home theater

Dankimus

I just got a new Marantz SR-5009 to build my home theater around.  My budget isn't that great, but after much research, I am pretty set on purchasing a new set of RF-82ii's for my fronts.  Center, sub and surrounds will come later.  That was until today, I found a local guy selling a set of RF-3ii's for $375, which is a little less than half the price of the 82ii's.  Is it worth the extra money for the 82's?  Am I on the right track for my build?  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Like 1

RF -3s II for $375 is not a great deal. Where are you located? There a lot of members who will open their doors to you, ask nicely, be polite and you will be able to hear some great set ups. Listen to a few systems before you dive in, most of us will tell you once you get in this whirlpool, it's hard to get out. LOL

Mark

• Like 1

I just got the receiver on Saturday and dug out an old set of 1970's bose 501's I had in the garage.  needless to say, I need some good mains. :)  

I really wish I could afford the rf-7's, but the 82's are right at the peak of what I can do without my wife killing me.

• Like 1

keep in mind used is the best way to go for bang for your buck however patience will be required to find a matching center and surrounds. yeah the 63's would be sweet and will spank the 82's for 800$ i made that exact move. so i know the difference between them two specifically 

• Like 1

Good eye Tasdom. Yes ask them about the maple speakers. Since the RF7s are older than the 63's he might be willing to sell them cheaper.

Did RF-7's ever have three rear ports or is the top one the terminal cup?

Bill

• Like 1