My review of the Klipsch RF-7 II towers.

Zero

Hey everybody,

Hopefully I won't be stepping on any toes by doing this, but I wanted to hip you all to a review that I posted on the RF-7 II's.  Now before I shamelessly throw up a link to my review, I first want to give you all a bit of context to chew on.  A part of the reason why I posted this review is because I feel like Klipsch has never gotten the respect that it deserves from the audiophile community.  Having owned numerous audiophile-approved, sports-car priced loudspeakers throughout the years - I readily admit that products like the RF-7 II's excite me.  While I doubt my review will sway ye typical audiophile from writing off the RF-7 II as nada more than a rock n' roll speaker, I nonetheless thought you all would enjoy the synopsis.  

So, now that I've given away the crux of my review (d'oh), here's the link!   Please be kind.  I suck at making videos.

• Like 6

Word of mouth is the best form of advertisment. Better yet, having folks over for a few beers and a listen.

I lked your review. I'm not one to articulate how my system sounds, I just know it gives me chills when I'm listening....

Nice review, unbiased,  and you have a pleasant conversational speaking voice.  I think that's hard to do a review like you did unless you talk for a living.

I think that review will stand the test of time on Youtube.

Thanks for the feedback everybody! 

At the end of the day, I do my best to post reviews that are both honest and accurate.  This is incredibly important to me, as my ultimate goal is to help other people along in their Hi-Fi journey.  Yeah, my videos are stupidly basic - but I'm not trying to put on a show.  I'm simply out to offer good content.  

As an aside, I really do like how interactive the Youtube format is.  As of now, the most challenging aspect of this project is to create videos that make sense.  I say that because none of my reviews are scripted.  Once I set the camera up and hit the "record" button, everything that I say is, for the most part at least, off the cuff. That said, I now throw in cuts/edits because it's proven too difficult to ramble on for 5-9 minutes straight without choking or mispronouncing at least 20 words. :D  

Oh and swapface - I'm pretty happy with my reference system, which I've yet to post a video of.  :D  

Very nice review! Curious tho as you stated your RF-7II's are the walnut finish but they look like they are cherry. Just wanted to clarify since there was a recent limited edition release of a walnut version.

...........and welcome to the forum!

Zero,

Those speakers are a stained cherry veneer not walnut. Just to clarify. I wish Klipsch would leave the cherry natural or offer it that way. Other than that nice unbiased review, thanks for sharing.

Sorry, Tasdom must have been responding at the same time, I did not see his post.

Edited by babadono
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Tasdom.   Wait, I said they were in Walnut?   I erm..   I uhh..     *backs away slowly*   Heh.   Great catch.  You're right, they are cherry.  I was probably caught in a moment of wishful thinking.   :)   Will go amend that part via: text bubble!

Edit:  Babadono -  Thanks for pointing out my mistake!  

Edited by Zero
  • Like 1

Is that model better than the old klipshorn? The horn look small!lol!!

better or not would be up to your ears, but they certainly are different. KHorn is 3 way, RF7 II is 2 way. Khorn is fully horn loaded, RF7 II bass is ported bass reflex. RF7 IIs don't need corners

Hey Jo,

As it just so happens, my neighbor owns a pair of vintage K-Horns.  Unfortunately, neither his room or electronics are ideal for the speakers, so I couldn't give you an accurate assessment as to how they compare to my RF-7 II's.  Hopefully somebody with a bit more experience with both models will see your post and respond in kind.