My review of the Klipsch RF-7 II towers.

Zero

Thanks for watching Jackson.   Hedgehogs aren't the most affectionate pets in the world.   I'm lucky enough to have one that's comfortable with people. She enjoys long walks and long cuddling sessions.   hehe

Edited by Zero
  • Like 2

Jacksonbart

What Nora Jones' album?

1. Come Away with Me....HD Tracks 192k AIF

2. Feels Like Home....Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

3. Little Broken Hearts....Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

4. Not Too Late...Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

I do have all these as purchased CD.....HiRez download is just as hit and miss as buying physical media....I can honestly say these downloads from their respective places won't disappoint.

• Like 1

Hey guys.  I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but, if you watched my video and liked it, then please give the video a "like" on youtube.   I'm hoping that Klipsch will find enough of a reason to mention it on their FB page.  Not only will the plug help to validate the review, the support may also be enough to convince some Klipsch fans to step into a set of RF-7 II's.  :) 

Edited by Zero
  • Like 3

Jacksonbart

What Nora Jones' album?

1. Come Away with Me....HD Tracks 192k AIF

2. Feels Like Home....Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

3. Little Broken Hearts....Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

4. Not Too Late...Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez DSD

I do have all these as purchased CD.....HiRez download is just as hit and miss as buying physical media....I can honestly say these downloads from their respective places won't disappoint.

Not only can Nora sing with that sultry voice…..she is extremely sexy while doing it :D

I don't listen to much of any 2-channel music on mine so I can't bore anybody with audiophile statements, but as I've said before, RF-7ii's just sound "right" to me. If they sound bright, flat, distorted, or whatever, I feel like I can just about guarantee that it is the fault of what I'm feeding it. I haven't heard many speakers that I can say the same thing about, and that includes several from Klipsch.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

great review! another small critique the compression driver is 1.75" or 1 3/4" however you wanna word it. 

You caught that too.

Zero,

Maybe you should edit that very important fact in your video also.(ooops, I see you responded to Scrappy already)

By the way great review with content, production, and in a very unbiased way.

Bill

Edited by willland

Thanks guys!  You all are awesome!  

For what it's worth, I plan on uploading a comparison video sometime in the near future.   In that video, I'll be talking about how the RF-7 II's, B&W CM9's, Def Tech Mythos STS's, and WLM Stella's compare to one another.  I think it'll be a lot of fun.  These products are all priced similarly, yet are quite different from one another in terms of design.  This won't be a shootout so much as a discussion piece.   

Edited by Zero
  • Like 1

Nice review!  Very fair, I think there are simply trade offs to every speaker on the market and each has their pros/cons.  I have been very happy with them so far, but I would echo the time to set up ideally remarks!  Oh and then have people over to listen or watch and movie in various seating positions... sigh... just sit down and enjoy them!  ;)

I look forward to see how the RF7lls stack up to it's competitors. Sounds interesting.

And what the criteria will be and what material is used to audition and compare.

You don't hear a lot about RF7lls being driven with tubes….maybe he'll have some tube gear also!

Zero Klipschorns as well as being fully drunk are a folded horn designed so corners will work in most rooms with two corners side by side, rooms as small as 12'×12' (not recommmended) with a larger amplifier but because they are so efficient amps do not have to be huge.

Zero you mentioned having a "reference" system. Can you tell us what you have other than the Klipsch Reference Speakers? This I take to mean being a reference it has no "color" added to reproduced sound a pipe organ sounds exactly like a pipe organ. I recently bought a pair of Reference 28Fs or shortened to R-28F. I owned one conservatively rated amplifier I bought in 1980 100 watts per channel at .0005 THD. Back then the only other amp I could find that was solid state costs over $3000. I want to bridge it into a mono amp but it cost more for the same amp sold 35 years ago. So I looked at another solution and found an amp priced $800 in 1980 and found one priced at $138 shipped. So what I did was to use the new 201 watt per channel amp to power the 28Fs woofers disconnected the bridge clips and connected my 100 watt per channel amp to the upper range. What I am getting is what I bought speakers producing reference sound.

Around 1991 I listened at a high-end shop to a $75,000 reference system, tube amps, tube preamps and electrostatic speakers that reproduced the one instrument perfectly created perfectly isolated sound stage that when I moved around that sound stage remained stable.

So it is 2015 and with $338 in amps $541 for a turntable bought by first wife Christmas 1980 that costs $1700 today Paul Klipsch and Company brought me an incredible feeling when speakers reproduced the exact instrument and stage reproduced in 1991 by a pair of 75 pound $40,000 tube amps. I just wish the label on the back said Made in the USA, I'd not mind if it said Made in Canada like my computers 4.1s and 2.1s Klipsch's; the only disappointment China...