New to Me Fortes for a Fishing Rod!

anhingasc

Hi,

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've just gotten back into 2-Channel Home Audio and have been trying to put together several systems via bartering and a little cash.  Got my son a nice pioneer, B&O, and DCM system by trading a fishing trip and last night picked up a set of Fortes for a fishing rod (very nice and new) and a stick-pin anchor!!  Great trade as we were both excited about the trade and the products.  The Fortes are all original and in great shape.  Very excited after a few hours of listening.  Already ordered my crossover repair kits and look forward to discussing my new hobby!!

• Like 4

Great job!  That guy was an idiot to let the fortes go for that.  I would have insisted you also throw in a toaster.  You now have a pair of one of the best overall designs Klipsch made.

You might want to know a little bit about the fishing rod (with reel?) before jumping to any conclusions. I own a couple of Falcon rods that break the $300 mark, to say nothing of the price for a quality surf rod.

Just fishing...why do you need crossover repair kit?

A guided trip starts at around $500.

Hi,

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've just gotten back into 2-Channel Home Audio and have been trying to put together several systems via bartering and a little cash.  Got my son a nice pioneer, B&O, and DCM system by trading a fishing trip and last night picked up a set of Fortes for a fishing rod (very nice and new) and a stick-pin anchor!!  Great trade as we were both excited about the trade and the products.  The Fortes are all original and in great shape.  Very excited after a few hours of listening.  Already ordered my crossover repair kits and look forward to discussing my new hobby!!

It's good that you are both happy with the deal. I love fishing too, salt or fresh, it's all good. Curious to know the rod and or rod & reel combo you traded for the speakers. Forte's are excellent Heritage lineage, had a pair that I wish I'd a kept.

Cheers!!!  Nice to have a new addition to the forum, take care.

• Like 1

The rod was a g-loomis greenwater series I got when I left federal government service a few years ago. I have a ton of gear and had just never purchased the right reel for this rod. Needed something nice and light like a shimano stradic CI4.

Regarding the crossover repair kit my Navy electronics background led me to conclude that 30 year old caps are not going to be "in spec". Everything needs a little tweak now and then to maintain the designed and desired performance. They sound great but new caps will most likely improve performance.

I've really enjoyed setting up three systems in my house; mine, my sons, and my daughters. Used a neighborhood social media app called nextdoor to shake a couple of vintage receivers (kenwood and Sherwood) and a nice Sony biotracer out of neighbors for just a few bucks! Worth a try if your neighborhood has it.

• Like 1

Guest David H

Forte's are quite a catch. You definitely reeled him in.

Welcome to the forums

Enjoy...Dave

Edited by GotHover
  • Like 1