San Antonio get together was a lot of fun

Wardsweb

Bud, how did I get on your shiessen list?  Couple of hours away, nothing doing, and no invite.

Sheesh.  :P

Dave

I'm having a major meet late July or first of August. I will post here when the date is set for Summer Bash 2015.

Luther

not amps. them purdy speakers???

They are DIY cut from baltic birch and MDF, CNC braces and frame, wrapped in sapele pommele. They use Altec 511B horns fitted with Altec 802-8G drivers, JBL 077 tweeters and JBL 2235H woofers. I'm have new Jupiter and Sonic Caps to redo the crossovers. Should take them to the next level.

Wardsweb.jpg

Even compared the vintage JBL's and the Mark & Daniel bookshelf speakers/
Still love those Smith's you made. Do you still have the mdf tops and bottoms from those? I wanted to get a set from Lee when he had them made, but I just couldn't swing it.

Bruce

Even compared the vintage JBL's and the Mark & Daniel bookshelf speakers/
Still love those Smith's you made. Do you still have the mdf tops and bottoms from those? I wanted to get a set from Lee when he had them made, but I just couldn't swing it.

Bruce

Yes, I have a pair of the MDF tops and bottoms for the Smith horns laying around somewhere in the wood shop.

• Like 1