AV Furniture for large centres

YK Thom

I purchased an RC 62 II centre channel yesterday, it should be here in a couple weeks.

This is a sizable centre - 8"x23.5x12.5" and therein lies the problem... seems to be very little on the market a/v furniture/tv stands that will accomodate such a speaker.

I am considering commisioning a friend to make me a modified version of the Bell'o Pr 11. A nice model but now discontinued ( I did locate one in Toronto but shipping to Yellowknife was as much as the unit!).

I am looking for something furniture grade as opposed to a rack type set up; the wife's sense of asthetics come into play.

Are there any major brands that folk are using or is the custom build route the way to go? Klipsch seems to produce centres larger than many other brands.

I have the 82" to house the RC64 II. I got it in natural cherry to match the speakers. When I got it they negotiated on price, I did not pay what their website says. Maybe they needed the order at that time. I don't know if they will haggle anymore.

You can see it here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1256-front-view-of-the-family-room-ht/

Edited by babadono
  • Like 2

Now THAT is the sort of thing I was hoping to find! That is magnificent.

I'm going to have to look into Canadian availabilty or something similar. In fact my cabinet making (hobbiest) buddy may be able to  replicate this.

• Like 1

I have the 82" to house the RC64 II. I got it in natural cherry to match the speakers. When I got it they negotiated on price, I did not pay what their website says. Maybe they needed the order at that time. I don't know if they will haggle anymore.

You can see it here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/gallery/image/1256-front-view-of-the-family-room-ht/

VERY nice. My wife would go along with something like this. Your 64 fits absolutly fine in that. There would be room to spare for my 62.

I may be getting this for my home theater. I was going to to built in. but this pretty much has everything. I like the add on feature with fans too and black out glass option. I would get the black version have it blend right in with front wall. 

Edited by Kman
  • Like 1

You can see it here:

thanks for the pic and info. I am planning on getting the RF7II set up with RC64. I like how it this stand fits that center. 

• Like 1

Had a few pints and went over plans with my friend last night. He is going to replicate the Haven 72 for me. We are going to purchase the lumber tomorrow and I'll have to do some searchingly for nice hardware - hinges and handles.

He assures me it will be ready in time for our move into the new condo the end of August.

• Like 1