Living in a giant hologram

MyOwn

The string theorists apparently must have an outlet for their theories.  The problem is: where are the experiments that prove any of what they theorize? Theories are cheap.  There's a great rift in the physics community between those that say "prove it!" from those that say, "well, the mathematics fit, so it's the answer, obviously".

The LHC was built to answer questions related to the most extreme edge of knowledge of physics, and the great telescopes built (including the one waiting to start on the big Island of Hawaii but is being picketed by locals for "desecration") all to verify that what the theorists chuck out in the press actually has some semblance of verification attached.  The Michelson-Morley experiment was an elegant solution to the question "where's the aether?" That's why those those experiments were built. 

Dark matter and dark energy theories apparently keep alive those basic ideas from which the theories arise.  String theory...meh. 

Design, build, and execute an experiment to test for any aspect of theory = really great stuff.

Chris

Edited by Chris A

I am pretty open as a one who is less impressed with what we know than most seem to be.  I seen nothing stranger in that concept than that of the big bang, or 'brane theory.  I think the writing of it as "hologram" is bit confusing and off the mark.  If we are, in fact, 2 dimensional beings that perceive a 3 dimensional world then it is not a hologram in any sense.  Simple "illusion" is more like it.

Need to dust of my copy of "A Stitch in Time." 

Dave