It's Official: Summer Bash 2015 August 1st

Wardsweb

The date is set for my end of summer blowout. August 1st in San Antonio, TX. Lots of music, food and fun. I am taking off that Friday to get things ready and a couple guys are coming that afternoon to get a jump start on Saturday's festivities. So, fee free to come early if that fits your schedule.

PM for directions and confirm in this thread, so I get a head count.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my, just now seeing this!!!  I wish we have known sooner!  Wished we could have made it over your way!!!!  Hope ya'll have a great time.

It's a long haul for you. I'll have a drink or two in my Klipsch glasses for you.

• Like 1

Yahoo, I will be there with bells on, & all the BQ & Beer required. Luther has such a variety of great gear that most of us would lust for. All ways a great time for all.

Thanks Luther, PM sent.

Looking forward to seeing. It's been too long.

• Moderators

I guess I need to make a bigger production of my announcements. Seems when I posted this a month ago, not many people saw it. Oh well, life goes on, music plays and drinks flow. Life is good.

Yes, you do need to make a bigger production of your announcements.  We run into this same issue with the annual gathering in Hope.  It seems like we need to post in multiple sections of the forum and keep "bumping" the posts.  The forum moves so quickly sometimes that the posts just get buried.  Additionally, a lot of people never leave 2 channel or the lounge, etc. so multiple postings are sometimes helpful.

I know it will be a great get together!  I'm glad you are putting those glasses to good use.  I'm always surprised when I see pics of them on the forum!   :D

Thanks Luther for another good & informative fun afternoon. Even ran into old friend Allen from the Audio Karma days.   The Animusic video was just stunning & I usually dont care for such things but I recommend this to everyone, easily found on Youtube. There were so many different systems to listen to it was like a carnival just moving from one room to the next for a different sound, what fun.

The biggest surprise for me were the wireless Bookshelf seize speaker  system - that contained  amp & dac within the Cabinet.. :huh: "Mark & Daniels", here is a you tube link -- Boy were they ever amazing for there seize.

The other amp I really wanted to hear were Luthers new - antique sound labs 845 set monoblocks.,  Next time my friend.

Great gear, good times, beautiful hospitality.

Cornman

Edited by Cornman

Cornman you can read up on their websire: http://madwirelesshifi.com. They are basically an all in one system. They have a D class amp built in along with a NuForce DAC and wireless receiver. We were using a USB dongle in a laptop to stream the digital data to the speakers and they do the rest.  So, they are not hooked to any of the gear you see in the picture. We had them cranked up out on the patio for a while. Then the Texas heat got the best of use so we moved inside.

080115i.jpg

• Like 2