Digital Trends reviews Klipsch Reference Premiere 7.2 HT system (includes video)

Chad

• Administrators

Very well-received!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/klipsch-premiere-series-ultimate-surround-sound-system/

A couple highlights:

• Klipsch’s Reference Premiere system aims to deliver some serious bang for your buck, and they are wildly successful at doing so. Klipsch has trickled down the technology behind some of its ultra-high-end speakers to the Reference Premiere series, offering the company’s best sound for the dollar yet. 
  • Sometimes, bigger really is better, and if you’re going to go big, Klipsch is a very solid bet right now. The company’s speakers are sounding better and better these days, and at increasingly palatable price points.
  • Like 3

Well it's a descent review. Lots of good up close video to allow people to see the finish. I think it's a little over the top digital trends chose a top notch AVR with one of the most respected room correction systems but they chose to set spl via SMARTPHONE???? Lol. Cheesy.

You know you're a Klipsch-head when... you chuckle every time you read (watch) a review & it inevitably refers to the large size of the speakers. Large? What large....?? My RF-7's seem perfectly normal size. (lol) If I was reviewing speakers for a living, with non-Klipsch offerings— I'd always have to flip the script & start out with: "Ok, these speakers are small,...."

Great exposure for the new line, nice solid consumer friendly review, so the Digital Trends set up should prove to generate proper interest. I couldn't help but notice that he was using an Atmos Demo disc.... without Atmos Speakers in place (and with the Anthem MRX 710, that cannot decode Atmos).

I can't wait to see a future Reference Premier review showcasing the FA's - CA & pair of SA's.

Edited by Nismo

Interesting sidebar in regards to the ubiquitous size/weight reference with many Klipsch reviews.

"It was immediately apparent that our 16 x 24-foot home theater testing room would be too small ..."

Certainly not the reviewers (or any reviewers) intention, but it would be unfortunate for the average HT consumer to automatically dismiss Klipsch Reference speakers, based on the fact that an industry professional considers a 16 x 24 room to be "too small". When in fact, a 16x 24  room is perfectly fine with a home environment. Even a smaller space (which would be more typical for the average home environment) would be equally acceptable. Kind of a double edge sword, you want the impact, efficiency & generous sound & size of Klipsch to be a highlight of the brand. Hopefully the inevitable exuberance to convey the striking contrast with smaller HT offerings is perceived as a positive aspect for the first time buyer & not a prohibitive factor.

• Like 1

If I can get the RF-7 II's to work in my ridiculously small room, then I'd imagine the Premier products will work in most real world spaces.  Meanwhile, I'm jealous of all of these high-production value reviews.  Ohhh well.  

• Like 1

You know you're a Klipsch-head when... you chuckle every time you read (watch) a review & it inevitably refers to the large size of the speakers. Large? What large....?? My RF-7's seem perfectly normal size. (lol) If I was reviewing speakers for a living, with non-Klipsch offerings— I'd always have to flip the script & start out with: "Ok, these speakers are small,...."

Great exposure for the new line, nice solid consumer friendly review, so the Digital Trends set up should prove to generate proper interest. I couldn't help but notice that he was using an Atmos Demo disc.... without Atmos Speakers in place (and with the Anthem MRX 710, that cannot decode Atmos).

I can't wait to see a future Reference Premier review showcasing the FA's - CA & pair of SA's.

whats wrong with using a atmos disc? I have the Dolby atmos demo disc straight from Dolby and I don't have an atmos thing in my house. But I can assure you the demos are still UNREAL in my home cinema.

You know you're a Klipsch-head when... you chuckle every time you read (watch) a review & it inevitably refers to the large size of the speakers. Large? What large....?? My RF-7's seem perfectly normal size. (lol) If I was reviewing speakers for a living, with non-Klipsch offerings— I'd always have to flip the script & start out with: "Ok, these speakers are small,...."

Great exposure for the new line, nice solid consumer friendly review, so the Digital Trends set up should prove to generate proper interest. I couldn't help but notice that he was using an Atmos Demo disc.... without Atmos Speakers in place (and with the Anthem MRX 710, that cannot decode Atmos).

whats wrong with using a atmos disc? I have the Dolby atmos demo disc straight from Dolby and I don't have an atmos thing in my house. But I can assure you the demos are still UNREAL in my home cinema.

Nothing wrong at all, it wasn't a criticism.... I just happened to noticed the disc (as I have it at home also, they sent it out free). Set to bitstream & secondary audio turned off I'm sure it's excellent (encoded in DTS-HD & DD Plus, also makes it easy to test out alternative formats Neo:X Height & A-DSX Height if your AVR or processor does not have Atmos decoding). The Red Bull F1 & the Rain Forest stuff is cool (the movie clips I already have). Seeing the disc just had me wishing for a full Klipsch Atmos review. Having the Atmos disc, Atmos AVR & Atmos speakers would be even better. I imagine those reviews are coming soon. I also have the DTS-X Demo Disc, its pretty good too.

Edited by Nismo

• 2 weeks later...

What is this?

11755912_10152906367321345_6334265172217

RP-280FA tower with integrated Atmos speaker. Color balance of the image may be slightly off... but probably the Walnut. Unless it's a previously unmentioned Cherry veneer? 

2FfF1B6.jpg

Edited by Nismo
  • Like 1

What is this?

11755912_10152906367321345_6334265172217

RP-280FA tower with integrated Atmos speaker. Color balance of the image may be slightly off... but probably the Walnut. Unless it's a previously unmentioned Cherry veneer? 

2FfF1B6.jpg

That's just the lighting. In most lightning, it will look like the official product photos.

• Like 1

• Chad unpinned this topic