Is The Problem Post Counts or How To Include or Exclude

derrickdj1

Is The Probelm Post Counts or How to Include or Exclude Thread privilages  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are post counts the problem

Then get rid of it.  

That's not gonna happen. Sorry.

You are right though, nobody here is "elite" - including me. Everyone has an equal opportunity to see that No BS forum, it just so happens there is a minimum post limit to do so. Nobody is excluded from being able reaching that post count.

Except people with a life who don't sit on here all day long or have OCD.

...and people who had there post count deleted, when they dumped the old "Right This Minute" threads!

Dennie

• Like 1

Seriously crude.  Neither I nor any others need justify our lives outside this group.  You'll see me logged in most of the time.  My work and such give me that ability.  Doesn't mean that's all I am doing.   My life is completely enriched by every minute I've spent in this group.

No idea why you'd say that...but feel free to dis others at will if it makes you happy.

Dave

• Moderators

Seriously crude.  Neither I nor any others need justify our lives outside this group.  You'll see me logged in most of the time.  My work and such give me that ability.  Doesn't mean that's all I am doing.   My life is completely enriched by every minute I've spent in this group.

No idea why you'd say that...but feel free to dis others at will if it makes you happy.

Dave

. Agreed! You would be surprised how many if us have a life beyond this forum. I seriously regret that you feel this way

If listening to music dosen't count, I'm in the wrong place

You're right. I've changed it back after thinking about it some more.  

I applaud you Chad. Too many view changing of one’s mind as a weakness--I find it a sign of wisdom.

• Like 5

My thoughts are just that and not crude, rude or dissing anybody.

Just stating that not everybody has all day to spend posting on the forum and i feel that those who don't have lots of available free time should be left out but that is just my opinion

I could care less and come here to help others more than anything else but from what i have been reading some are offended.

My life outside this forum is another forum….not really, just me being a punk.

I’ve made a few friends on this place over the years…mourned the loss of friends like Oldbuckster and Boxx. When i was getting divorced Rob (Oldbuckster) offered up his house as a place to get away; i’ve prayed for those who’ve lost a spouse, had a health problem, and lost a job.  Just today, out of the blue, i got a PM from a forum friend who remembered me saying that i had my first cardiologist appointment today--he wanted to know how it went.  Made me feel good--I’m glad that Todd (TNR) is on the forum.

I’m the one that called the private area a cesspool…it was a comment regarding subject matter not against any forum member.  I probably shouldn’t have said it and apologize to everyone that took it personal. I’d rather not be reminded (here) about all the bad stuff going on in the world because i do come here for an escape. I know i don’t have to participate in threads about the shocking instances of depravity or how crooked our leaders are, etc…  so i should have just shut my mouth (but that always has been difficult for me).

Anyway a lot more good here than bad.

For those that want access and post count is an issue to them (my post count is low considering how many years i’ve been around here) perhaps Chad would consider basing eligibility on either 5,000 posts or “x” number years of membership.  (i don’t know what “x” is because i flunked Algebra).

Have a pleasant evening ladies and gentlemen.

Steve

(now i’m returning to my sarcastic and/or non-serious self)

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

Personally my work days go faster and I'm more productive when I post an album in Right This Minute or several through the day as well as read a few other posts or post.  

I did have over 5,000 posts I thought at one time.  Oh well.  Less than a 1000 to go to get back in No BS.  Too bad people can't behave.  

• Like 4

I could care less and come here to help others more than anything else but from what i have been reading some are offended.

Yes to the first part of your sentence!  Helping each as echoed below by Big Stew is what it's about.  Those who have issues here often seem to be rather self-centered.  In Texas years ago we had one of these business seminar huckster's, but a fun one, who's signature line was "You get what you want by helping others get what they want." 

And I didn't even have to pay for it! 

Dave

• Like 1

• Administrators
would consider basing eligibility on either 5,000 posts or “x” number years of membership

I think it's been mentioned before in this thread but that's not possible with the stock forum software. Again, my preference would be to base it on the reputation system (which is based on liking posts), but we can't do that right now either.

• Like 1

The problem with post counts

• Many mysteriously lost a lot of post counts, identified by Dennie as going away with an old Right This Minute.  Some of us are angry as hornets as now many feel somewhat lower in status in the Forum food chain.
  • Post counts accumulate with no regard to quality
  • A lot of potentially meaningless posts will be made to get people into No BS.  Some may view the ask Sancho thread as such but it is entertaining.  And I think Sancho enjoys his 15 minutes of Klipsch Forum fame.  Right Sancho? 
  • For some reason we think it's just soooooo important to many to have a high post count

A modest proposal for improvement

• Any improvements must require minimal effort on Chad's part - not so much the update but the ongoing "hacks" when the base forum software is updated
  • Investigate an override No BS setting - membership list or whatever was used for BS
  • Include length of service or membership and post count
  • Reinstate the BS section but no publicity and let volunteer moderators police it.  Those that can't behave civilly get banned.  Poor Marty (Thebes) is beside himself.  Angy.  Sad.  Getting in one of his crazy moods.  So worked up his whole body trembles, getting the shakes so bad he might drop one of the his tube amps he loves to hold standing (censored) in the bathtub listening to his favorite tunes, maybe watching The Twins bellly dancing.  

Fund Raising Ideas

• Sell copies of BS forum posts to raise funds for my favorite charity.... or a not for profit I'm considering of starting .... or for music education - purchasers signing proper disclaimers, disclosures, etc ... even publish the contents as a box, changing the names to protect the innocent.  I think terms of service all posts are property of KAT etc and so on... 
  • Sell the BS contents to psychologists to study how low apparently well respected productive members of society can regress to rude, obnoxious, mean, lunatics (my category - I may already be a psycho case study or two ...) 
  • Fine the whiny arse brats that can't behave remotely to allow them back in to BS.  
  • Combatants have paint ball or other show down at future Pilgrimages, charge admission, betting pools.  
  • Some of funds raised could go towards paying for Chad's therapist bills 

Enough ranting.  Too much work for ringing up one measly post.  

• Like 2

How many do have the luxury of time and access to loiter here offering up wizened words into the millions to accumulate 5K posts?  It is an arbitrary value w/o any other significance than a quantitative threshold.  I have Klipsch product that now sits in their museum but I am unworthy (by a long shot) of the BS club.  I am a regarded and published medical researcher - to no gains here.  You can toss me a newborn not breathing and I know what needs to be done to save its life - and have done so - but that counts for naught.

This is what I've referred to on many occasions here (not 5K worth).  Klipsch attracts a caliber of ownership (or it did) of thinkers, people who excelled in their own purposes who value music, well reproduced music.  And now these forums are run as though we are all children.  The Klipsch elite club adds to this insult by punctuating some meaningless extreme horizon-line based upon any olde digital participation that we now witness being demonstrated in such grand mocking fashion.  If you treat people like kids they tend to act childish........... or they refuse to play games and exit stage left.

Have a nice day............. :D

• Like 4

Why did all the forum changes go down in the first place?  I think this all could have been handled by giving a few folks some enforced "time out" for their lack of self control and respect for the community, ban them if absolutely necessary, and otherwise leave things alone.

Now it's just chaos of post count padding silliness.

• Like 2

I think we need to take a page out of Microsoft's book on this regarding how they manage XBox games. Its simple, you can either play the game (Actually post 5,000 times) or simply pay Klipsch some money for a higher post count just like how they did Forza 5...  :blink: 

If I knew post counts were to be considered a currency on this forum I'd have chimed in:  GLWS, LOL, wish I were closer,  that's what she said, who has the Cornwall vault?, have you tried moving them closer/further to the corner/wall?, not this discussion again, I love cat videos, ...that tube like sound, then she said "thats not your finger and this is not my belly button", that's not raw birch it's lacquer birch, Cornwall II's not I's, have you tried porting?, did you know that the official language of Belgium is Flemish?....................

• Like 1

It is a long, ridiculous story.

It seems that relaxing the posting standards in the first place led to all this.  Once folks were allowed to let their nutty freak flags fly it gave license to continue and expand their behavior, and voila, tribal factions stake out their ground, argue pointlessly, and inevitably someone gets their feelings hurt and takes a big old crap in the punchbowl to spoil the entire party.  Does that about sum up the long, ridiculous story?

• Like 1