Is The Problem Post Counts or How To Include or Exclude

derrickdj1

Is The Probelm Post Counts or How to Include or Exclude Thread privilages  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are post counts the problem

Oscarear,

Give me an Fn break! you want to talk pedigrees, let's talk Klipsch pedigree's at least!!!!!

I have been staying away from this thread, at the suggestion of others, trying to let it die it's own Death....

POST COUNTS??? PWK himself would cry BS on that one! I realize that your hands are tied Chad, but we just recently FIRED a member who racked up a TON of posts in a very short time with a TON of likes that is a glaring example of why post count and reputation absolutely should not be the measure of membership.

Chad has already said that he can't do length of membership, but I feel this is EXACTLY how it should be determined.

How about the FACT that I was a member of the BS section for several years before other members that now have a couple of years that are still members, but I can't be because of post count???

I own more Klipsch speakers than 90% of the members here, have owned more Klipsch speakers than 95% of the members here, have more Klipsch knowledge than 95% of the members here, Have heard more of the big Klipsch speakers than 99% of the members here, have been to Klipsch gatherings including ones that are by invitation only, I have been to Hope 4 times and am friends with Roy, but I don't post on most postings if I feel the correct answer has already been given, while others often repost what someone else has already posted or even worse yet, "their feelings" on the subject to rack up post count.

I have been an active member on BS for years and still should be PERIOD!!

Roger

• Like 4

• Moderators
I own more Klipsch speakers than 90% of the members here, have owned more Klipsch speakers than 95% of the members here, have more Klipsch knowledge than 95%

I'm just curious who the 5% are.  :lol:

• Like 1

I own more Klipsch speakers than 90% of the members here, have owned more Klipsch speakers than 95% of the members here, have more Klipsch knowledge than 95%

Me

• Like 2

• Administrators

but we just recently FIRED a member who racked up a TON of posts in a very short time with a TON of likes that is a glaring example of why post count and reputation absolutely should not be the measure of membership.

If you are talking about Beeker, there are always exceptions to the rule. Guess what? He'd also been a member a decent amount of time... I guess it's all relative.

Chad has already said that he can't do length of membership, but I feel this is EXACTLY how it should be determined.

Well, it turns out I can base it on length of membership. However as I stated elsewhere I'm not convinced that's a better solution than the current way we are doing it.

Look folks, no matter what, we won't be able to please everyone. Also, nothing is set in stone either. Who's to say there will never be other "levels of membership" with their own special forums sometime down the road? I've no plans for that, but hey, it could happen.

• Like 2

Me

Nawww! How so??

Youth,

You have more reference experience than I do... The 5% includes heavy hitters like Colter, Kevin Harmon, and JC.

An example in the knowledge department would be Dr Who, etc.

Roger

but we just recently FIRED a member who racked up a TON of posts in a very short time with a TON of likes that is a glaring example of why post count and reputation absolutely should not be the measure of membership.

If you are talking about Beeker, there are always exceptions to the rule. Guess what? He'd also been a member a decent amount of time... I guess it's all relative.

Well, it turns out I can base it on length of membership. However as I stated elsewhere I'm not convinced that's a better solution than the current way we are doing it.

Look folks, no matter what, we won't be able to please everyone. Also, nothing is set in stone either. Who's to say there will never be other "levels of membership" with their own special forums sometime down the road? I've no plans for that, but hey, it could happen.

Beeker had way less time here than me!

How about 5 years as a break in period, then you have time invested in this place!

Roger

• Administrators

How about 5 years as a break in period, then you have time invested in this place!

Roger

Then there would be some folks who contribute a ton but only have been here 3 years who would complain, while someone who's been a member for 6 years but only posted in Garage Sale or something would be able to take part in the special forum. Like I said, it's not a better way. I'd say it's an equally questionable way. ;-)

• Like 1

Any time you reward someone for Post Count, you are going to get a lot of BS.  Just look at the "Lounge"!

Many forums have done away with post counts because of this.

Dennie

• Like 3

Roger

Then there would be some folks who contribute a ton but only have been here 3 years who would complain, while someone who's been a member for 6 years but only posted in Garage Sale or something would be able to take part in the special forum. Like I said, it's not a better way. I'd say it's an equally questionable way. ;-)

Chad, I see your point, but you are reaching hear by a long shot...

How many venders only here are going to post in a political rants section that wont take time to post on the regular forum.

Furthermore as someone here for over 7 years that can't post in BS anymore, I'd like to share an observation with you that you may not have the time under your belt to properly make. The ones with short time stays and a lot of post count that don't just post worthless BS to say something in order to have an audience are far and in between.

The ONLY shorter term members that actually have high post count that actually make relative posts most all the time clearly stick out like a sore thumb! Prime examples of this type of poster would be Youthman and Scrappy !!

Roger

• Like 1

Maybe you should have a "sneak peak" day to the new BS forum where one could look but not post unless a member. If it's anything like the old one with politics, religion, etc.. I'm guessing a lot of peeps would care less about it or frantically trying to increase their post counts. jmho

Chad,

Another GLARING examples of why post counts is a bad idea is Mark...

He had more posts than anyone on the forum!

Roger

Mark was the number #1 post King and is more than likely responsible for this entire mess...

Chad..... Chad..... Chad..... Bueler..... Bueler..... Bueler.....????

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators

Maybe you should have a "sneak peak" day to the new BS forum where one could look but not post unless a member. If it's anything like the old one with politics, religion, etc.. I'm guessing a lot of peeps would care less about it or frantically trying to increase their post counts. jmho

Or...they will frantically try to decrease their post count!

Edited by dtel's wife

Lot of good ideas expressed! 

I think "The club" should be limited to those who meet the following criteria.

1. Over 65 years of age

2. 34" waist or smaller

3.  Blues eyes

4.  Have a young girl friend

5.  Live near the ocean

7.  Ride bicycles regularly

8.  Knows the difference between you're and your 

9.  Like dogs

10.  Have a sense of humor

• Like 3

Chad,

Let's make this simple for you.

It should be based on time and 10 years seems like a nice round number, a simple decade to weed out the Rif-Raf and earn your place here.

I will make 10 years before I make 5,000 posts or win a popularity contest.......

It is either that or I will make everyone here CHOKE on 2100 of the most useless posts to ever grace these pages, that will make everyone want to vomit and stifle this places usefulness.

I can play Mark Deneen also!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1