Is The Problem Post Counts or How To Include or Exclude

derrickdj1

Is The Probelm Post Counts or How to Include or Exclude Thread privilages  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are post counts the problem

Another GLARING examples of why post counts is a bad idea is Mark... He had more posts than anyone on the forum! Roger

If I might gently disagree with your premise?

The post count will gain a person entrance into the 5K club, but it is the member's appropriate behavior that will keep him there. 

I think we would all actually agree that the post count is not the perfect solution, but I would hope most would understand that it is expedient time-wise to the Forum admin and a post count number doesn't require any judgement from Klipsch Inc on the worthiness of posters.  The private sub-forum and its 5K post count entry requirement serves a purpose, which is to encourage participation on the forum, a clearly stated goal.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Another GLARING examples of why post counts is a bad idea is Mark... He had more posts than anyone on the forum! Roger

If I might gently disagree with your premise?

The post count will gain a person entrance into the 5K club, but it is the member's appropriate behavior that will keep him there. 

I think we would all actually agree that the post count is not the perfect solution, but I would hope most would understand that it is expedient time-wise to the Forum admin and a post count number doesn't require any judgement from Klipsch Inc on the worthiness of posters.  The private sub-forum and its 5K post count entry requirement serves a purpose, which is to encourage participation on the forum, a clearly stated goal.

I already was a member for 5 years, so please..... go ahead and enlighten me about the BS section and what it takes to retain membership!

I am not kidding! I will FLOOD this place with useless posts because this is pissing me off!!!

Roger

Let's see what Chad has up his sleeve in the next couple weeks.

I would guess nothing unless the whining slows down.

I truly believe that these comments perpetuate the us vs them attitude between those that can post in that section and those that can not.

I already was a member for 5 years, so please..... go ahead and enlighten me about the BS section and what it takes to retain membership!

I'm glad you said something Roger, because I wanted to respond to one of your earlier posts and I didn't.  I really agree with you, and I'm sympathetic to what you are saying, especially your earlier post about Klipsch ownership.

You have a deep passion for Klipsch products and I admire that.  You and many others here really have put your money where your Klipsch is, spending thousands on the sound you love. 

OTOH I like Klipsch and I like the people here, but I own a $300 Klipsch sub and some 20 year-old speakers.  You and I are not the same, and that's OK.  :)

If post counts were all zero'd out and we started from nothing, Roger is still the guy I think would be the perfect kind of member for a private forum.  His passion would be his admission ticket IMO (and I include you too, Mr. Sancho).  I am much more a casual Klipsch guy, and I respect those who buy the Klipsch speakers, who make the pilgrimages, who have the passion.  It doesn't bother me a bit that those wonderful passionate people want to talk with other about that passion on a level most of us don't have.

If it were up to me Roger, I would grandfather you into the "No BS" forum without hesitation.  You've earned it.

• Like 2

I'm glad you said something Roger, because I wanted to respond to one of your earlier posts and I didn't.  I really agree with you, and I'm sympathetic to what you are saying, especially your earlier post about Klipsch ownership.

You have a deep passion for Klipsch products and I admire that.  You and many others here really have put your money where your Klipsch is, spending thousands on the sound you love. 

OTOH I like Klipsch and I like the people here, but I own a $300 Klipsch sub and some 20 year-old speakers.  You and I are not the same, and that's OK.  :)

If post counts were all zero'd out and we started from nothing, Roger is still the guy I think would be the perfect kind of member for a private forum.  His passion would be his admission ticket IMO (and I include you too, Mr. Sancho).  I am much more a casual Klipsch guy, and I respect those who buy the Klipsch speakers, who make the pilgrimages, who have the passion.  It doesn't bother me a bit that those wonderful passionate people want to talk with other about that passion on a level most of us don't have.

If it were up to me Roger, I would grandfather you into the "No BS" forum without hesitation.  You've earned it.

Thanks,

Means a lot...

Roger

• Like 2

No,

You do not have to explain your marriage to me, but if you know your wife wont allow you to do something then you do have a problem!

There is a lot of things that have become accepted as norms in this country that didn't used to be that way and have NOT made this country a better place.

It is very clear to me, in almost any marriage out there, the wife decides how to decorate the bedroom, the kitchen, and the bathroom.

Do you give a crap how she does this, I know I don't, she has free rain! Why then would it be ANY of her business to decide how you decorate and furnish one room to your liking, as long as it does not cause the two of you a financial hardship??

Remember, it was you that brought up WAF. If you have to worry about WAF in one room that you wish to have for yourself, it is CLEARLY not an EQUAL situation PERIOD!!

Roger

• Like 1

Dennie, please don't leave.

Thank you my friend (s), I only thought about leaving, when the "higher ups" thought music was meaningless to this forum.  I knew someone lost their mind and I thought it might be me.  whistle.gif

This is a family and I've always thought of it like that.  You don't pick your family, you learn to get along with it.  banghead.gif

We're all here for one common reason, we have an interest/love in Klipsch Speakers/products and that makes this different than most forums.  I am glad each and every one of you are here. 

If the powers that be want us to have 5000 posts to enter an elite forum, let it be so.  I could care less, as there is probably nothing in that forum that interests me.  I am here because of Klipsch and you guys, my family. 

Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.  I'm proud to be a member here and I always will be.  I've never met a better group of people.  We've gave money to members who were having a hard time.  We Prayed for family members and we've lost members that were a part of our every day lives.  We're still here and we'll continue to be. 

Here is to all of you and our beloved Klipsch speakers...   drinkingcheers.gif

I've said my Peace and I respect whatever the family decides.

Dennie (who dosen't always know the difference between your and you're.   doh.gif I look to dtel for that. eek.gif )

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thank you my friend (s), I only thought about leaving, when the "higher ups" thought music was meaningless to this forum.  I knew someone lost their mind and I thought it might be me.  whistle.gif

This is a family and I've always thought of it like that.  You don't pick your family, you learn to get along with it.  banghead.gif

We're all here for one common reason, we have an interest/love in Klipsch Speakers/products and that makes this different than most forums.  I am glad each and every one of you are here. 

If the powers that be want us to have 5000 posts to enter an elite forum, let it be so.  I could care less, as there is probably nothing in that forum that interests me.  I am here because of Klipsch and you guys, my family. 

Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.  I'm proud to be a member here and I always will be.  I've never met a better group of people.  We've gave money to members who were having a hard time.  We Prayed for family members and we've lost members that were a part of our every day lives.  We're still here and we'll continue to be. 

Dennie (who dosen't always know the difference between your and you're.   doh.gif I look to dtel for that. eek.gif )

You are in big trouble if that's the case!  Odd thing is, he knows the difference, but doesn't care! :wacko:   It's the same when he types "maybe", he knows the difference but figures everyone else will understand anyway! :o

You are in big trouble if that's the case!  Odd thing is, he knows the difference, but doesn't care! :wacko:   It's the same when he types "maybe", he knows the difference but figures everyone else will understand anyway! :o

That is why he is my Hero!   dance.gif   I often no know the difference, but I think faster than I type!  think.gif

Dennie

Edited by Dennie
  • Like 2

• Moderators

That's why he is my Hero!   dance.gif   I often no know the difference, but I think faster than I type!  think.gif

Dennie

It frustrates the heck out of me to read his posts.  I'm generally a grammar freak!  Knowing that he knows better and still does it frustrates me to no end. :wacko: Which is possibly why he does it!!!!!

• Like 3

That's why he is my Hero!   dance.gif   I often no know the difference, but I think faster than I type!  think.gif

Dennie

It frustrates the heck out of me to read his posts.  I'm generally a grammar freak!  Knowing that he knows better and still does it frustrates me to no end. :wacko: Which is possibly why he does it!!!!!

Or, he may be like me and wants to get the post written and posted, grammar is an after thought. 

Wait!  You're right and I'm going to stop letting him mentor me!  Dam it, now I'm pissed off at him too!   ......   tappingfoot.gif

.....  rolling.gif

Dennie  biggrin.gif

• Like 1

Post count doesn't really matter a hoot to me. I amassed many of mine while working in Tech Support for Klipsch. At the time we were supposed to spend 15% of our working day answering queries on the Forums. That's an hour a day, plus all the other time I spent on here learning about and discussing Klipsch speakers both before and after my 18 month tenure with the company. 

OCD - you betcha - but that's a lot better than some other habits I've since extracted myself from.. 

• Like 3