Is The Problem Post Counts or How To Include or Exclude

derrickdj1

Is The Probelm Post Counts or How to Include or Exclude Thread privilages  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are post counts the problem

I would not belong to a club that had me as a member. Crap...i'm a member here where i'm a member. My logic committed suicide.

Well, you keep posting BS like this and you may no longer BE a member.  Problem solved!!!  yes.gif

Dennie naughty.gif

PS  I'm looking for a NEW mentor, if your available?  (<---see what I did right there, it should be "You're) banghead.gif

Edited by Dennie
  • Like 1

Regarding the issue of 'meaningless' posts, I've spoken out about the RTM thread and post counts. I'm not against useful discussions about music on here - after all, many times I've had to walk away from the Forum realizing that I was spending all my time talking about and fiddling with the machinery that makes music, whilst sitting in silence (like right now for instance).

But just saying 'listening to Elton John' doesn't do much for anyone, sorry if that offends but it does seem a rather simplistic way to run up a post count that's worth nothing.

Post count and a token will get you a ride on the subway. 

I'm not in charge here and never will be. Everyone is better off that way. 

• Like 2

Regarding the issue of 'meaningless' posts, I've spoken out about the RTM thread and post counts. I'm not against useful discussions about music on here - after all, many times I've had to walk away from the Forum realizing that I was spending all my time talking about and fiddling with the machinery that makes music, whilst sitting in silence (like right now for instance).

But just saying 'listening to Elton John' doesn't do much for anyone, sorry if that offends but it does seem a rather simplistic way to run up a post count that's worth nothing.

Post count and a token will get you a ride on the subway. 

I'm not in charge here and never will be. Everyone is better off that way. 

Michael, turn on some music you enjoy and post it in the "RTM" thread and tell me it is meaningless.  

It may be to some and that is okay.   It is not to me.  Listening to music through my La Scala's is priceless to me.  It has changed my life.   Hell, I use to watch TV all the time and brain cells we dying off by the minute. 

I find listening to music better than many of the drugs the Doctor wanted to give me. 

Then again, some people enjoy tube rolling.  I don't get that.  But it is not meaningless to them.  To each his own.

Dennie

• Like 2

Colter is probably in that group as well.

what? what did I do now? 

If this is about admittance to the BS forum or other 'niceties' I've been in and out of that mess more than you can imagine. I used to call Amy and tell her to give me a 30-day 'time out' so my blood pressure could return to normal. No thanks. 

Yeah at one point there were 150 Klipsch speaker boxes here. That's just ridiculous, I've been culling the herd this past couple of years. CW III s/n 1 and 2 are going up for sale next. 

• Like 1

Then again, some people enjoy tube rolling.  I don't get that.  But it is not meaningless to them.  To each his own.

Dennie

I enjoyed a little tube rolling when I was a kid; however, now I only get dizzy. :o

_ tire tube rolling 01.jpg

_ tire tube rolling monster-truck-inner-tube.jpg

post-36163-0-47640000-1435781676_thumb.j

post-36163-0-32800000-1435781681_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 1

Dennie

I enjoyed a little tube rolling when I was a kid; however, now I only get dizzy. :o

_ tire tube rolling 01.jpg

_ tire tube rolling monster-truck-inner-tube.jpg

But we still love you anyway!    yes.gif

Dennie

• Like 1

Though I haven't spent much time on RTM in awhile I enjoy my visits there.  Other than the fact that Boxx started the thread and that Dennie and Tigerman hang out there, I enjoy the photos!   The CD or album covers are usually posed to show the turntables, R2Rs, tubes, or CDPs in the background.  Some very neat staging.  Always enjoyed pmsummer's photos with the Thorens  spinning the vinyl. 

Many thanks to Gary and Dennie for their efforts and I hope to join you one of these nights. 

• Like 2

I really enjoy the RTM posts although I don't contribute very often.  It gives me ideas of music I want to hear or haven't heard in a long time and I will often try to find selections on Spotify or sometimes I'll just buy it unheard.  I'm incredulous that anyone would consider those worthless posts.  Of course, if you think they are worthless they are tucked away at the bottom of the forums page and never show up under recent posts so you really don't ever have to look or see them if you don't want.  Worthless?!  I'd go further to say that they are worth a lot more than most posts considering how much money I've sent to Amazon, high rez download and streaming services because of some of those posts.  I started keeping track of dollars spent a couple of years ago... yikes!

Dennie, you alone have helped me spend many hundreds of dollars on music!  I'm not complaining at all! Thank you!!

I've come to identify individuals who have similar tastes and I'm not usually disappointed when I take a chance on buying something I haven't heard.  

I really don't care much about the whole "number of posts" and the BS section.  I don't know what I'm missing so it is easy for me to not worry about it.  By the standards set forth I won't be a member for another 10 years or so anyway.    I understand some reasons for having it and I understand the problems and hard feelings it causes.  I'm not sure if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

Let's see what Chad has up his sleeve in the next couple weeks.

I would guess nothing unless the whining slows down.

HEY!!! Who said anything about promoting myself as a moderator??? LOL!!

Roger

It makes me nervous they made me a moderator, you being one would scare the crap out of me. :o  :D

• Like 4

• Moderators

Though I haven't spent much time on RTM in awhile I enjoy my visits there.  Other than the fact that Boxx started the thread and that Dennie and Tigerman hang out there, I enjoy the photos!   The CD or album covers are usually posed to show the turntables, R2Rs, tubes, or CDPs in the background.  Some very neat staging.  Always enjoyed pmsummer's photos with the Thorens  spinning the vinyl. 

Many thanks to Gary and Dennie for their efforts and I hope to join you one of these nights. 

True I have been there a couple of times and enjoyed it, I either forget about it or not listening. But completely agree with Tarheel :emotion-21:

• Like 2

• Moderators
Yeah at one point there were 150 Klipsch speaker boxes here.

Could have sworn there were more than that, the really big ones must have thrown me off ?

A set or two of your favorites is fine, but it get's hard when you have that many favorites :o:lol: So your saying there is no excuse for not having music playing, well pick something to play it's not like you have a shortage of music..............dang...... as joe dirt would say :blink:

• Like 1