Is The Problem Post Counts or How To Include or Exclude

derrickdj1

Is The Probelm Post Counts or How to Include or Exclude Thread privilages  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are post counts the problem

• Moderators

You could do a lot worse than having BigStewMan as a mentor.   Taught me everything I know :wacko:

That's true, he hangs out with famous musicians, and movie stars, he is so tough you can't even kill him driving over him with a truck and he plays a guitar and lives by a beach.

OK there may be a small problem with ketchup and almost no utensils but overall a pretty good mentor. B)  :emotion-21:  

• Like 3

Let's see what Chad has up his sleeve in the next couple weeks.

I would guess nothing unless the whining slows down.

HEY!!! Who said anything about promoting myself as a moderator??? LOL!!

Roger

It makes me nervous they made me a moderator, you being one would scare the crap out of me. :o  :D

Eldon,

Seems as I need to clarify....

What I have been doing is not whining, but Bitchin with justification! Much more MANLEY than whining!

If you need further clarification on the matter, I can recommend a moderator that is an expert, as he based his campaign on whining...

Roger

• Like 3

Mark was the number #1 post King and is more than likely responsible for this entire mess...

Why not just open all threads to any comment, let moderators DELETE any personal insults or verboten words (except "bullshit," of course), replacing them with **** , and ask people to be considerate, while posting any opinion.  Then forget the whole idea of a No Bullshit section.

I'm not sure if Mark was "responsible for this entire mess," but, as I said before, I rather liked the posts of his that I read, and had some good, stimulating conversations with him.

An amicus curiae, so to speak, let everyone have access to the protected thread.  But, put new members with less than X number or post or time on the forum on a probationary status for 3,4, or 6 months before they are allowed to post.  This will be a period of participation for observation and to view  proper forum behavior.  It will also let all members know that participating in that forum is a privilage and not a right.

This may be a way to bring closure to this topic.  I have not seen a lot of solutions on the table so far. :)   The ideal behind this thread was to seek solutions and not to cause any trouble between members, Klipsch, or for the moderators.  We are a group from many differing backgrounds but, on this forum we are all on the same boat and need to see calm waters and happy sailing. :D

Edited by derrickdj1

Gary, moderators are volunteers. They would have to sit on this place 24x7 to do that.

You all need to relax, you're not missing anything. Some of you are potentially disqualifying yourselves. This place is not a Democracy.

Edited by Crankysoldermeister
  • Like 1

Let’s just change the name of this entire place to The Klipsch Private Forum…nobody can log on until they have 1000 posts, which must receive “likes” by 51% of those that have between 1001 and 1003 posts.  Chad will randomly select someone each thursday to ban (i picked thursday so the banned person can still enjoy their weekend). This ban is justified because they eventually would have wrote something inappropriate or rude--proactive moderation.

Posts typed long-hand count as double--but post count doesn’t matter because the entire place is private.

I don’t think it can get much fairer than that.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Chad, please create a 500 post club, a 1000 post club, a 2000 post club, a 3000 post club, and a 4000 post club.  With your fabulous development skills, this should be a very easy task.  I expect that the whining, bitching and moaning from those (like me) that are aspiring to those lofty goals would substantially decrease and this "conversation" could come to a happy and very special ending..... :emotion-14:  :emotion-19:

a Klipsch T-shirt, your name on a placard that is displayed at all Hope events

Michael, I like you, but are you serious?  A T-shirt?  A placard?  I'd rather have a personalized 2uf capacitor..... 

Would that be a film and foil or polypropylene cap, or a plain old motor run cap (PWK style)?  Laser engraved or hot stamped?  

• Administrators

Thanks everyone for your input.

I'm taking everything into consideration and evaluating everything. Nothing is set in stone, and the only constant is change. 

• Like 1