Legal Round Up

Travis In Austin

If vaccines are so good why are you afraid if others are not vaccinated.... Sorry but I don't agree with the ruling, If you ask me it was pushed upon us by the  Pharmaceutical companys to line their pockets. And as far as kids getting sick with whooping coughs and measels I'd look for the source, at a local pharmaceutical company. Sorry I have no trust in corporations, the scum that run them or the puppets they pay to get it their way.

Edited by cradeldorf
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So what really happened on the 4th of July in 1776. Not much really, it was a date picked out of convenience. The shot heard round the world and fight for independence started the year prior, Thomas has drafted the DOI a couple of months earlier (with some revisions by Ben and Adams), and it wasn't signed until August.

Here is the answer.

http://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-declaration-of-independence/fourth-of-july/

If vaccines are so good why are you afraid if others are not vaccinated....

Because some people learn the hard way and endanger the weaker in their community:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-church-epicenter-measles-outbreak/story?id=20071644

Texas Church Tied to Measles Outbreak Preaching Vaccinations

Edited by Zen Traveler

Dr. Dru fielded a question on this.  He said, "Watch a child dying of Whooping Cough and you'll have a different opinion on vaccination."

On a related matter, I had some older colleagues who had been stricken with polio.  One walked with braces and canes, the other with a limp.  Of course we know about FDR, but may others died or were crippled. 

Baby boomers like me were the first to get the vaccine.  It was a wonderful thing for us.  The naysayers just have no memory of the beast and how Salk slayed it.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott
  • Like 6

• Moderators

I can see both sides of it, yes to common sense with proven drugs, but it's really scary these days to give your full trust to large companies, who are they really looking out for is the real question.

I don't know, but I would guess distrust in leaders and large companies is higher today, profits tend to override at times. Or we just have better info with the almost up to the second news these days ?

• Like 2

maybe we need choice. I chose not to vaccinate my kids they are healthy and caught most all the standard childhood bugs and will never catch them again. I for one do not support big pharma on most vaccines. I believe they do more harm than good. This is all about VERY BIG MONEY.

• Like 2

It's nice that they got rid of mercury they were putting in the vaccines... Too bad they started using aluminum.

If you are a parent and have doubts, talk to your pediatrician about spacing out the vaccines so your kids don't get slammed all at once.

Bruce

• Like 1

Oh no, don't get me wrong...it needed to be. I'm just saying that common sense should have been..."hey, you need to do this", instead of the government saying you have to.

Yep.  It should be that way, but unfortunately the control of certain infectious diseases for everybody's benefit requires everyone's compliance.  This is true, for example, of smallpox, syphilis, typhoid fever, etc.  Public health, at all levels of government, has had to place requirements in order to get a very small percentage of holdouts into line.  The alternative is periodic epidemics of measles, smallpox, typhoid fever, etc., etc.  The mandatory approach is for the recalcitrant, obstinate 3%, or whatever the percentage is, not the logical, common-sense 97%.

Edited by LarryC

Dr. Dru fielded a question on this. He said, "Watch a child dying of Whooping Cough and you'll have a different opinion on vaccination."

About 10 years ago we took a family trip to New Mexico.  Upon out return my oldest daughter and I ended up with a terrible cold and cough.  I thought I was going to die.  We'd cough so hard we couldn't hardly keep air in our lungs and would get light headed.  it lasted over a month getting worse and better at times.  It was whooping cough.  The "whoop" noise is made as your lungs fill back up with air.  I know my daughter was vaccinated and I had an entire series when I was young.  I can also see how it could easily kill an infant.