Legal Round Up

Travis In Austin

On 7/14/2017 at 10:54 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Your comments can be summarized as: (1) the evidence should be excluded due to the 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination, and (2) the evidence should be admitted, even though it should be excluded, because it is more important to "get it right" than it is to protect a person's Constitutional right.

Attn Jeff and @dwilawyer.

Did you see this?  It backs up perfectly your point, and makes me feel a little small about my contention that the legal system "get it right."  I don't care if the drug dealer was guilty of that crime or not, but what the cop did is deplorable and inexcusable.  This should never happen.

Baltimore news outlets have published body cam video from a supposed drug bust back in January. The video appears to show a cop planting drugs in a trash pile, before going back to the road, activating his body camera, and “finding” the drugs that supposedly belonged to a suspect.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/cop-accidentally-frames-himself-planting-drugs-body-camera-230620655.html

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2015 at 11:17 PM, cradeldorf said:

If vaccines are so good why are you afraid if others are not vaccinated.... Sorry but I don't agree with the ruling, If you ask me it was pushed upon us by the  Pharmaceutical companys to line their pockets. And as far as kids getting sick with whooping coughs and measels I'd look for the source, at a local pharmaceutical company. Sorry I have no trust in corporations, the scum that run them or the puppets they pay to get it their way.

People like you are why polio still exists....

10 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so we are reverting back to lame Bose jokes...

One of my friends years ago bought a Bose system with the little cubes on the wall and messed up the CD player somehow. He asked me to fix it then which was about 10 years ago and he recently asked me to fix it again because it wasn't fixed 10 years ago. So he moved to Florida. (This story is somewhat embellished)

JJK

23 hours ago, jheis said:

People like you are why polio still exists....

Not really. The only cases of polio that still occur anywhere in the world (only 37 in 2016) are all caused by the vaccine itself. The genetic codes of all the virus used in polio vaccine are kept on file; whenever a new case of polio occurs anywhere in the world, the virus' genetic code is compared with the codes of the vaccine virus. In 100% of new polio cases the virus is one of the ones used in the vaccine. Now, I'm NOT making a case against the polio vaccine. Compare 37 cases of polio worldwide in 2016 with the 350,000 cases that occurred per year (worldwide) before the W.H.O. began its worldwide polio eradication efforts in 1988. The worldwide eradication of polio may be the greatest public health triumph in the history of human civilization.

Nothing is 100% perfect, but 37 vaccine-induced cases of polio per year is close enough for me, and I should know — I was one of those 37. In 1963 (when I was 11) I contracted a vaccine-induced case of polio from one of the first generations of oral polio vaccine. I suffered painful muscle deformation in my back that required years of physical therapy and home exercises to overcome. In spite of this, I am 100% in favor of mandatory vaccines (of all types) for all children who attend public school. Period. You don't vaccinate them, you have to home-school them or pay to send them to private school, assuming you can find one that will take your un-vaccinated kid and expose the rest of their students to whatever they may be carrying.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

My sister is in pediatrics.   They did find one source for whooping cough, Disneyland.

My oldest daughter and I got Whooping cough after a family vacation in New Mexico.  It was horrible.   You cough so hard you have no breath left and feel like you're going to pass out.  It lasts about 3 months and by the end of the second week your ribs are so sore from coughing that you feel like you've been in a fight. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

My oldest daughter and I got Whooping cough after a family vacation in New Mexico.  It was horrible.   You cough so hard you have no breath left and feel like you're going to pass out.  It lasts about 3 months and by the end of the second week your ribs are so sore from coughing that you feel like you've been in a fight. 

Is the vaccine only for kids?