Legal Round Up

Travis In Austin

If the public were well versed in basic high school level biology vaccinations would never be a political/legal issue.  The government mandate for vaccines is the only response in the face of sheer stupidity and ignorance that threatens public health and has already resulted in unnecessary deaths.  Tragic.  And I find it tragically stupid to argue the uninformed anti-vaccine side, as some are doing here.  

If vaccines are so good why are you afraid if others are not vaccinated....

Google up the term "herd immunity".  This is basic epidemiology, with gobs of supporting evidence in it's favor, as opposed to the uninformed (or worse, ideological) anti-vaccination fear campaign. 

maybe we need choice. I chose not to vaccinate my kids they are healthy and caught most all the standard childhood bugs and will never catch them again. I for one do not support big pharma on most vaccines. I believe they do more harm than good. This is all about VERY BIG MONEY.

Public health via vaccinations is NOT a conspiracy.  Your belief that vaccines do more harm than good is wrong (demonstrably, wildly wrong), but it serves as a perfect example of providing false witness and spreading dangerous lies.  If you have any peer reviewed research supporting your claim that vaccines do more harm than good, please present it, or stfu and stop carrying water for The Stupid.

• Like 3

This may be a political thread after all since it appears to me that a majority of justices are ruling more from political ideology rather from the notion of justice based on written law.  This is a bit frightening actually. 

Don't be worried.  It has always been that way.  How do you think laws are made in the first place?  From legislators who have political ideologies.  

Does "separate, but equal" ring a bell?  That was a long, long time ago.  Then, some years later (but still a long, long time ago), "separate, but equal" was abolished as being "inherently not equal."  I could give you many other examples, but it shouldn't be necessary.  Nothing "new and alarming" is happening.  It's a continuation of the same thing that has been going on since even before our founding.

Yea, we're "just-us"

• Moderators

This is the news today. A girl is at home asleep and police come in unannounced, no warrant, saying they got a call from her roomate's family and they were there to check on her welfare.

After they search house for roomate and see she is not there, they begin to interrogate her for information, she says please leave and they don't leave.

I was on the news today, Fox News, so it must be true.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/29774181/complaint-filed-against-travis-county-deputies

Travis

Dead link.

It sure was, I guess they moved,

Here is the new link.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/6985574-story

• Moderators

It sure was, I guess they moved, Here is the new link. http://www.fox7austi...s/6985574-story

Still a dead link. Too bad I wanted to see it. Very scary and unAmerican IMO. What was the supposed purpose of the breaking and entering?

They had report from roommate's family of suicide threats.

This link worked for me.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/6985574-story

• 1 month later...

If the public were well versed in basic high school level biology vaccinations would never be a political/legal issue.  The government mandate for vaccines is the only response in the face of sheer stupidity and ignorance that threatens public health and has already resulted in unnecessary deaths.  Tragic.  And I find it tragically stupid to argue the uninformed anti-vaccine side, as some are doing here.  

Google up the term "herd immunity".  This is basic epidemiology, with gobs of supporting evidence in it's favor, as opposed to the uninformed (or worse, ideological) anti-vaccination fear campaign. 

maybe we need choice. I chose not to vaccinate my kids they are healthy and caught most all the standard childhood bugs and will never catch them again. I for one do not support big pharma on most vaccines. I believe they do more harm than good. This is all about VERY BIG MONEY.

Public health via vaccinations is NOT a conspiracy.  Your belief that vaccines do more harm than good is wrong (demonstrably, wildly wrong), but it serves as a perfect example of providing false witness and spreading dangerous lies.  If you have any peer reviewed research supporting your claim that vaccines do more harm than good, please present it, or stfu and stop carrying water for The Stupid.

Just wondering if your kids got the common bug Polio? What about measles mumps and rubella? How'd they fare with diphtheria?

My wife and I just had a child... And I'm already nervous about him going to school in a few years because of stupid f#%¥ parents that don't vaccinate. How do you think we get rid of these "common bugs."?

Polio is real. My father got it when he was a teenager, never had use of most of the left side of his body for the rest of his life. Try getting a job

with only one good hand for your entire adult life. Keep watching women on TV crying about life being unfair.

Today's legal news, California makes vaccinations mandatory. It should be safe to return to Disneyland soon.

California Governor Jerry Brown Signs Mandatory Vaccine Law

http://flip.it/64BWa

When I first glanced at this, I thought it said, " . . . vacations mandatory." That seemed like a California thing to do.

For the record, I'm wary of big pharma, but still in favor of vaccinations. All peer reviewed science of which I'm aware supports the efficacy of vaccines, supports herd immunity and refutes a link between vaccines and autism.

Choosing not to vaccinate is a right, just like choosing to home school your children.

• Like 1

Just wondering if your kids got the common bug Polio? What about measles mumps and rubella? How'd they fare with diphtheria?

My wife and I just had a child... And I'm already nervous about him going to school in a few years because of stupid f#%¥ parents that don't vaccinate. How do you think we get rid of these "common bugs."?

Just make sure that your child stays current on his vaccines.

Its hard to believe that more than 200 years since Edward Jenner and Louis Pasteur developed the 1st vaccines that people are considered educated without studying in basic science man's long history with horrific communicable diseases and how many of these have been overcome since the 18th century.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I was in the news again, this time about how license plate readers could turn police into bill collectors.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/82916323-story

In 2015, Texas lawmakers passed a bill allowing police officers to install credit and debit card readers in their vehicles.

"That's a win-win for the court in collecting revenue, for the officer not being off the street and for the individual that's stopped. They don't have to miss work, go to jail, etc., etc.," said law enforcement attorney Travis Williamson

The point was to allow officers to collect court fines on the spot instead of taking every person with a fine-related warrant to jail.Williamson said putting officers in the position to find outstanding warrants or risk losing Vigilant's services could be a conflict of interest.

"We invest way too much money in training our police officers to detect crime, make arrests, prevent crime where possible, they don't need to be in the bill collecting business," said Williamson.

I was in the news again, this time about how license plate readers could turn police into bill collectors.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/82916323-story

In 2015, Texas lawmakers passed a bill allowing police officers to install credit and debit card readers in their vehicles.

"That's a win-win for the court in collecting revenue, for the officer not being off the street and for the individual that's stopped. They don't have to miss work, go to jail, etc., etc.," said law enforcement attorney Travis Williamson

The point was to allow officers to collect court fines on the spot instead of taking every person with a fine-related warrant to jail.Williamson said putting officers in the position to find outstanding warrants or risk losing Vigilant's services could be a conflict of interest.

"We invest way too much money in training our police officers to detect crime, make arrests, prevent crime where possible, they don't need to be in the bill collecting business," said Williamson.

This is extremely troublesome to me.

I'm already anguished that the fines imposed and levied by a judge directly contribute to his/her pension. Is Texas now going to send 'collection agents,' who carry guns and are authorized to use deadly force on the public, to suck up even more funds from people who have little to no understanding of their Constitutional Rights? Even worse, collect a fee for a private corporation in the process?