Chorus Speakers Shame

JoeDirt

• Moderators
But if you ever see me wearing Leif Garret or Andy Gibb schwag, please please slap me.

That's reasonable, no problem just do the same for me.

Lucky you didn't blow out your tweeters with that Gibb dudes high pitched voice :o  :P

Joe Dirt,  love the name, so your coming out with a new movie it seems ? heard that somewhere

• Like 1

• Moderators
Coming out of the closet is never a shameful thing!

I wouldn't go that far, if it involves farm animals or other crazy things, just keep it in the closet please. :o Some guy in Indy was in the news the other day, bet he wish he was still in the closet with his pets. :ph34r:  :D  

• Like 1

Yes, Klipsch Chorus does that every time. Get them paired with good sources and placed right, every record, CD, and tape you own is brand new. You hear things you never heard before. And it makes you smile. I all of a sudden had thousands of new music to listen to due to the Klipsch effect. 

• Like 1

So I bought a pair of Chorus I's 6 months ago.  I started listening to music with them and began hearing things previously hidden in some of my favorite songs.

Yes, I was gloating and beaming about how great these speakers really are.

Last week my wife was re-arranging the furniture in my man cave so as a courtesy I put on her favorite Music Choice channel, The 70's.  I sat in my lounger and listened to Rocky Mountain High by John Denver and started to appreciate the background instrumentation that I never knew existed.  I began to feel a little self conscious about liking a song again that came out when I was 7 years old.  But it did sound good, so I justified my position based on sound quality. 

This type of closet-appreciation went on for 6-7 more songs, me finding new subtleties in each one.  Then came Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb, a song that no self respecting alpha male ever liked or could even stand listening to.  You guessed it, I'm hearing instruments and clarity that made me want to listen to this song longer and longer.  After I'd listened to the whole thing, I felt dirty, shameful, and a loss of self esteem.  Like I came out of the closet musically. 

As of today I am still ashamed of myself for what I did and how I felt.  But I knew the Klipsch community would have mercy on my soul, or pitty me.  Either way I'm cool with it.  But if you ever see me wearing Leif Garret or Andy Gibb schwag, please please slap me.

Joe Dirt - Out.

B)  B) B)  B)  :D  

You would probably Die if you saw my library, from Boy george to Queen, Rick Astley, Spandau Ballet...why do all the gay singers sound so damn good. ?

It's just an old crapper tank people... I gots the poo on meeee.... LOL

Frankie goes to Hollywood. "Relax"

Edited by mike stehr

I can hear the artists and producers back then saying to each other "only people with really good speakers are gonna hear that". Isn't this one of the reasons we're all in this hobby?

Great to see you back Cal Blacksmith. How's them KHorns doin' ya?

Edited by babadono

I just got the BG's greatest hits from a pawn shop, hey it was cheap and dancing queen has some great music??

My therapist told me to admit all my music taste!! Maybe therapy can help me?? But I hear some "staying alive" calling me, must resist can't give in to the dark side?

I just got the BG's greatest hits from a pawn shop, hey it was cheap and dancing queen has some great music??

Dancing Queen was/is Abba...

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

I can hear the artists and producers back then saying to each other "only people with really good speakers are gonna hear that". Isn't this one of the reasons we're all in this hobby?

Great to see you back Cal Blacksmith. How's them KHorns doin' ya?

Hi, it is great to be back :D

Oh those old things, Who wants a set of '70s speakers, heck the new Bose micro systems and the mating sub blow those old things away! UH, ya, right LOL!

They are great though I am still not hearing the bass like I would like. I have them sealed and the drivers are all working just fine. The next step is to replace those old crossovers from 1978. Part of the difference may also be that I replaced a set of Cornwall 2s with the Khorns and they are different in the sound profile. The CWs are alive and well in the HT where they are doing a fantastic job. I have a spare set of Quartets just sitting on the CW for a clean/protective place to store them. The Quartets are not even wired and the CWs sound like both sets of speakers are on, a wall of amazing sound.