WHERE THE HECK IS CHAD?

tube fanatic

I don't normally air grievances in public, but will make an exception and allow my old, cantankerous, self to emerge in this case.

Last week I sent Chad an email politely asking his consideration (on a trial basis) of a forum section devoted to the use of tube electronics with Klipsch speakers and outlined some reasons why I consider this worthwhile.  After a few days with no reply received I sent a PM early yesterday morning which was marked as being read less than an hour later.  No reply received to that either!  To me, this is nothing but rude behavior.  I understand that Chad is busy with more important matters, however he is still the forum administrator and in that capacity should be responsive to a reasonable question from a member in good standing.  It does not take long to reply with a "no," "not possible," "will consider and let you know," "get lost," etc.  I've noticed that Chad had time this week to make a number of posts regarding the "no BS" section controversy.  That section is of no benefit to the vast majority of forum members or to the public, and is not likely to result in increased sales of Klipsch speakers.  So, I'm a bit confused as to the priorities displayed.

Tell me if I'm wrong guys!  By consolidating information about the use of tube electronics with Klipsch speakers in one area (eliminating the need to sift through hundreds of 2 channel postings), interested parties can find information about potential use.  By having a forum section devoted to tube electronics, the public which browses the forum looking for information will be acquainted with the fact that they can very successfully use such equipment with Klipsch speakers.  That certainly can't hurt sales any!  

So, I've stated my case.  Let the results be as they may!

Maynard

• Like 1

I don't normally air grievances in public, but will make an exception and allow my old, cantankerous, self to emerge in this case.

Last week I sent Chad an email politely asking his consideration (on a trial basis) of a forum section devoted to the use of tube electronics with Klipsch speakers and outlined some reasons why I consider this worthwhile.  After a few days with no reply received I sent a PM early yesterday morning which was marked as being read less than an hour later.  No reply received to that either!  To me, this is nothing but rude behavior.  I understand that Chad is busy with more important matters, however he is still the forum administrator and in that capacity should be responsive to a reasonable question from a member in good standing.  It does not take long to reply with a "no," "not possible," "will consider and let you know," "get lost," etc.  I've noticed that Chad had time this week to make a number of posts regarding the "no BS" section controversy.  That section is of no benefit to the vast majority of forum members or to the public, and is not likely to result in increased sales of Klipsch speakers.  So, I'm a bit confused as to the priorities displayed.

Tell me if I'm wrong guys!  By consolidating information about the use of tube electronics with Klipsch speakers in one area (eliminating the need to sift through hundreds of 2 channel postings), interested parties can find information about potential use.  By having a forum section devoted to tube electronics, the public which browses the forum looking for information will be acquainted with the fact that they can very successfully use such equipment with Klipsch speakers.  That certainly can't hurt sales any!  

So, I've stated my case.  Let the results be as they may!

Maynard

Maynard, I completley agree with this and you are not wrong. Seems to me the Tube Section on The Klipsch Audio Community should already be in place and available.

I don't normally air grievances in public, but will make an exception

Inappropriate personal attack on a public forum.  I suggest the entire post be deleted immediately or at least the public attack part, and certainly the title of the thread which is 100% personal attack by name and has nothing to do with a request for a sub-forum.

The request for a tube section may have some merit and is fair game for public debate, but attacking a Klipsch employee is out of line.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

I think Chad is busy moderating and banning people from the new No BS section.....

Seriously though, I would personally love to see a tube section.

I cant get into the country club, the wine club, or any other elite club, and now......there is a section on the Klipsch forum I cant get into......the world we live in. 

• Like 1

I don't normally air grievances in public, but will make an exception

Inappropriate personal attack on a public forum.  I suggest the entire post be deleted immediately or at least the public attack part, and certainly the title of the thread which is 100% personal attack by name and has nothing to do with a request for a sub-forum.

Dave, have we ever agreed on anything? :D  I still like you though...........

Maynard

Dave, have we ever agreed on anything?

Come on Maynard, this has nothing to do with agreeing on anything.  This has to do with common courtesy.

Chad has feelings and Chad works here.  What do you have to gain by a PUBLIC personal attack?  Is it just to embarrass him so you can get what you want?  Why not just edit the wording on your post to get rid of any personal references to Chad?  Then you can state your case without all the emotional baggage.

If you insist on calling out Klipsch employees by name, then you are simply satisfying your ego by bullying and then you would be right, I can't agree with you on that.  I love reading your stuff on tubes, I love your passion for them, and I love the way you share your knowledge with the Klipsch community. 

I just don't understand why you stubbornly cling to posting in a way that is hurtful to someone you want to help you get something.  I don't want you to explain it, I would just like to see some common sense editing so we can move forward as a posting community.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3

Guest thesloth

Yes let's see a tube (valve) section!

I didn't take the original post to be rude in anyway. Ever hear the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"?

Yes let's see a tube (valve) section!

I didn't take the original post to be rude in anyway. Ever hear the expression "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"?

I kinda like the old saying:

"You catch more flies with honey than vinegar"

The world can be a big scary place.... once you learn it does not revolve around you.

• Like 2

Guest Steven1963

This couldn't have been brought up more tactfully?

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 3