SOLD - CW III black S/N 1, 2

colterphoto1

I have here serial numbers 1 and 2 of CWIII, black ash, in cartons. They have a bit of travel on them, being used in a Hollywood movie (would have to do research on this but the cartons are marked for what set/scene they were used in). I purchased them as early samples when I worked at Klipsch. They did travel back and forth from my house to the Indy headquarters a couple of times, somewhere along the line a corner was pushed in a bit but I've glued the veneer chip back on. Very low hours, I only had them hooked up in the gallery/showroom here for a bit, so mechanically like new. Tops, sides, and backs are clean, no scratches, plant rings etc. They have spent 99% of their lives in factory cartons. Time for someone to enjoy them! 

You may notice that they do not have the Jubilee pie slice badges. That's because these were so early in the production cycle that the new badges weren't available yet, so they used the old Heritage copper badges. Yes they are the correct grilles, with the woofer cutout higher, and the grill material is perfect. I have never heard of a pair like these. Yet they are production models with authentic Klipsch labels on the back decreeing their early vintage in this series. 

These are currently in the way, in my living room, ready to hook up and give a listen. You can even demo them with my LS and CW if you'd like. 

A bit of Heritage History here, these mark the reintroduction of the Heritage series by Klipsch, a day many of us thought might never come. 

A DEAL at $2200!  MSRP of $4000.  PM me. 

post-8651-0-80680000-1435845293_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-84200000-1435845310_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-51640000-1435845338_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-55320000-1435845354_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-68280000-1435845390_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-74720000-1435845418_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-86680000-1435845782_thumb.jp

post-8651-0-40680000-1435845816_thumb.jp

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

I had acquired these thinking I would build an all-Cornwall home theater, later kept them for a potential LS/CW theater, with these black lovelies serving LG surround duty. But now I have KPT904 and KPT250 for a 6.1 channel setup. 

Being so desperately dark - they'd be a very nice set of L+R for some guy who loves the all black look or just wanting the speakers to not reflect light from the screen. 

I've been through 4 full sets of Home Theater speakers and I haven't even built the room yet.... geesh. 

• Like 1

yes, JimJimbo has them now. They were local to Indy from the Trader newpaper - probably got them in the 80's they had survived a house fire stacked in a closet for storage, were half blown up and smelled like a bonfire for a couple of years. CWO with pretty torn up edge banding as I recall. 

• Like 2

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU  to Michael for his hospitality and audition of the various Klipsch speakers.  What a great guy!  And very interesting/talented, I might add.  My nephew and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit.  I ended up with an incredible pair of speakers which I am extremely grateful for.  Once I got them home and in the house, I stayed up half the night listening to them . . .  which sounded like a good idea at the time, of course.  This morning, however, at 5 a.m. when that alarm went off. . .  UGH!  Now I'm at work and you can guess what is dragging.  Nevertheless, my Cornwalls will be waiting for me when I get home tonight, so all is well.  :)

I am going to have to invest in a better amplifier for sure (which I already knew).  I'd love to find a used MAC 6700.   

THANKS AGAIN, MICHAEL!

• Like 4

You're quite welcome.

Not to embarrass you, but the reward for me when giving an audition of Klipsch speakers is seeing music move someone I've just met to the point of tears on the very first song. That Justin Hayward/John Lodge number was just amazing on the Cornwall III's! 

M

• Like 2

That Justin Hayward/John Lodge number was just amazing on the Cornwall III's! 

Lemme guess.....BlueJays, Blue Guitar

Aside from that, congrats on the purchase.  Sounds like a nice gal working with a nice (ha) guy :ph34r:

• Like 2