7.3 config?

JEFKlipsch

Recently a very close friend of mine had to unexpectedly move out of state due to a job opportunity. I helped him move and in doing so acquired some newer equipment that I want to put to use.

I've basically sold off the majority of my main system that's listed in my signature to fund our oldest of six children's first year at Georgia Southern University.  I will be combining other pieces from my other setups as my better half has spoken and stated that it's time to consolidate (IE...we hardly ever turn on the bedroom system and it's taking up too much space for her liking)

My purposed Main Setup would consist of the following 

Onkyo TX-SR607 7.2 (Choosing to use this over the Yamaha RX-V1200 and Sony V444ES due to it being 7.2 and for the Audyssey....but would listen to rebuttals about 5.1)

Front Main - RF-3ii

Center - RC-3

Side Surround - RB-5

Rear Surround - RF-3ii

Front Right Sub - KSW-15

Front Left Sub - KSW-15

Rear Center Sub - RSW-12

The room is 16 x 20 with 8' flat ceilings

am I going overboard if I run the three subs at once? (puts on flame suit)

Any better configurations would be welcomed.

Thanks

Edited by JEFKlipsch

Guess I'll need to dust off some of my old car audio test equipment and test tone cd's  B)

been a good while since I've really changed up much of my gear....first foray into 7.2 so should be interesting

Thanks for your input! 

I would also use the RB-5's as the FL and FR speakers instead of the RC-3's. If you ever want to switch over to 2 channel listening mode, the RB-5's will easily out class the RC-3's IMO.

Ditto.

If you have any set up questions on your sub start a thread in the subwoofer section.  Good luck!

so switch the RC-3's to Side Surround and RB-5 to FL and FR....may try that out

I still have a pair of RB-5 that will be in a dedicated 2.1 setup...they are one of my all time favorite speakers...hence why I'm trying to find replacement woofers for a set that have some visual damage

Thanks guys

Once I get it all setup and try my hand with the test tones and SPL meter I'll hit up the Subwoofer section with any questions