Freddie Mercury schools Kanye West

Islander

Got to see Queen back in 1980, I was 17, fresh out of high school. I couldn't talk any of my friends into going "their loss"....This was one kick *** show that I'll never forget.

Just going to a Queen concert is cool enough, but paying only $10.00 is even cooler. ;)  :D

Bill

• Like 1

Guest thesloth

Hahaha that video was great!

I am embarrassed for Kanye West, what a disgraceful rendition of a beautiful song.

• Like 1

Best concert i've ever seen as well.

Curious what music he would be doing today...he didnt want to stand still. He once said of his music to listen to it, then discard it and wait for the next one. He also said about his older stuff that he didnt wish to think of it or write of it. I had trouble understanding that until my brother, an artist, told me that he would be bored if he had to keep painting the same thing over and over.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Best concert i've ever seen as well.

Curious what music he would be doing today...he didnt want to stand still. He once said of his music to listen to it, then discard it and wait for the next one. He also said about his older stuff that he didnt wish to think of it or write of it. I had trouble understanding that until my brother, an artist, told me that he would be bored if he had to keep painting the same thing over and over.

A lot of artists hate their old stuff, not necessarily out of boredom, but they see it is a constant embarassing and cringe-worthy reminder of how dumb and naive they were, wishing they could go back and change stuff. They go along with it because it pays the bills but that's about it. Bon Jovi readily admits to this. It's not just music though, both Carrie Fisher and Alec Guinness hates Star Wars, Halle Berry hates Catwoman, etc. Seems like I read back in the day in an interview that Slash said he would change the channel if a Guns and Roses song came on the radio, and that was before the riff with Axl.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I recognize his music but, I am bad with names and faces.  Once someone ask me to name the four Bettles and I could only get three.  We were in a foregin country and my friend said, everyone knows their name.  I said not everybody so, I randomly ask a couple of strangers and he was right, lol, everyone we ask new their names. :(

Edited by derrickdj1

I recognize his music but, I am bad with names and faces.  Once someone ask me to name the four Bettles and I could only get three.  We were in a foregin country and my friend said, everyone knows their name.  I said not everybody so, I randomly ask a couple of strangers and he was right, lol, everyone we ask new their names. :(

Don't beat yourself up, Ringo is pretty forgettable. :)

I can top that, I was on a plane coming back from Europe and had a guy bet me that Michael Jackson owned all of the Beatles songs--What a moron! :unsure:

Oh, yeah--I also saw Queen with Billy Squire opening--The thing that amazed me is the few times Mercury's voice cracked and how crisp everything else was...It was like he was almost human.