Recommendations for Home Theater Seating

Superdave

Unfortunately, the Elite seats are just that, too expensive for my blood, starts at $1950 per seat.

I was wondering what you were thinking. :) About the cheapest you'll find in a well known brand name is the Palliser Magnolia's like I have which at the time was about $600-$650 per seat with power recline and fabric. Otherwise to get cheaper you usually start getting into no-name stuff. Most nice looking name brand stuff is significantly higher.

If you like a real relaxed and large feel there is always la-z-boy. The problem with them is that it's not symmetrical, the armrests on the end aren't the same as the ones in the middle.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

The last one on the list is the same as i got, but I went with the 4 seat row. One thing to ask if you buy them is are they the curved set or the straight row set. I believe they are the same price. I got the curved which I though would be nice, but now I wish i had gotten the straight row.

• Like 1

I got the curved which I though would be nice, but now I wish i had gotten the straight row.
Why is that? I would think the slight angle would benefit the two outer seat positions... 

I have limited space in the 2nd row (depth), and it moved my center seats back about a foot due to the curve. Now my center seats are too close to the rear wall. Sometime in the future I think I will have the rear platform modified to eliminate the stairs in the middle, and extend the stairs on the ends so I can move the row forward a foot.

I was wondering what you were thinking.
It was worth the phone call and speaking with Chris at Elite. He was very helpful and courteous even though it was out of my scope for this part of the project.

I really liked their tablet holder, so i found an unmodded (by Elite) one (for real cheap), and we are making it fit our seats.

• Like 1

I went with palliser, if I had to do over I'd get the elite. Some of the other models like the playback and several others have a hump in the middle and doesn't cradle you well. The elite is molded up on the sides.

Metro, I believe I misunderstood the "elite" in your earlier post. I just found the model "Elite" made by Palliser. Is this the model that you are referencing? http://www.theaterseatstore.com/palliser-elite-41952?sc=9&category=149

Edited by Superdave

Classic%2BBean%2BBag%2BChair.jpg

LOL! That's what I'm using now!

Maybe it's best to not mess with somethin' that's not broke!  But if you should happen to break one, don't get it mixed up with the popcorn!   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went with palliser, if I had to do over I'd get the elite. Some of the other models like the playback and several others have a hump in the middle and doesn't cradle you well. The elite is molded up on the sides.

Metro, I believe I misunderstood the "elite" in your earlier post. I just found the model "Elite" made by Palliser. Is this the model that you are referencing? http://www.theaterseatstore.com/palliser-elite-41952?sc=9&category=149

Yes. If you don't need power or armrest storage and have the space, la z boy has some designer chairs that are SUPER comfy. Home theater seating is mainly about the look plus it is a big space saver. There are more comfortable options available.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters