Horns...

Schu

I think I would love to try these...

Dear heavens, why???  :blink: 

Those are big and those are ugly.  I'm sure you've heard loud and I'm sure you've heard good speakers before, I can't imagine what these behemoths would have to offer you for any kind of home use listening.

+++

Speaking of "why," why are there two twisted wires going to the lead of each compression driver?

Edited by wvu80

Dear heavens, why??? :blink:

Those are big and those are ugly. I'm sure you've heard loud and I'm sure you've heard good speakers before, I can't imagine what these behemoths would have to offer you for any kind of home use listening.

+++

Speaking of "why," why are there two twisted wires going to the lead of each compression driver?

"Big" & "Ugly" are subjective opinions...

As far as what they have to offer for "home" listening... Have you actually heard them?

Why are there 2 twisted wires going to each side of the driver? Who knows? Maybe they're a fan of Kimber Kable products...

http://www.kimber.com/products/base/vs/4/

• Like 1

Dear heavens, why???  :blink:

Those are big and those are ugly.  I'm sure you've heard loud and I'm sure you've heard good speakers before, I can't imagine what these behemoths would have to offer you for any kind of home use listening.

+++

I love big horns... LOVE THEM, specially in wood. I am not sure the shaping on those are good or not, but I wouldn't count them out until I heard them personally.

• Like 2

"Big" & "Ugly" are subjective opinions...

I reserve the right to refer to myself however I please.   :P  :lol: 

As far as what they have to offer for "home" listening... Have you actually heard them?

Uh, that would be a "no."  :rolleyes: 

Mr. Shu has established himself as one who has heard plenty of good (and probably unusual) speakers.  I can't imagine him listening to a pair of giant 4 foot square horn speakers, asking himself "I wonder what giant 6 foot square horns sound like?"  :D  But then again, this is Shu we're talking about, and he probably does sit around and wonder about such things.   :lol: 

Why are there 2 twisted wires going to each side of the driver? Who knows? Maybe they're a fan of Kimber Kable products... http://www.kimber.co...ucts/base/vs/4/ [/quote

Thanks for the heads up on the Kimbers, they may be just what I need!  The ad says those double wound wires have "just a hint of forgiveness."  What married man doesn't need THAT on a daily basis?  B)

Edited by wvu80