Speaker Project Consideration

I have used most of these components or a similar one by the same manufacturer. All should perform well. My first concern is that the woofer you chose will probably not keep up with your horn. It is a very good woofer for it's price point but will not put out the db's that horn will. If you want to stick with Dayton the series II, or their professional version both will give you better output. Looks like a fun project. Others with more experience will chime in with more suggestions, I'm sure. Good luck with the project.

The 15" dayton series II woofer has a spl of 91 db the Dayton PA 380 that he posted has an SPL of 96? why would you say his choice would not keep up and then suggest a woofer that is 5 db's down from his choice? Also the series II woofer is only good to 1000 hz where the PA 380 is good to 3500hz?

I'm not nearly as crazy as you may think. He edited his original post. Originally he listed the link to the Dayton 15" Classic which has a lower spl than the pro model that he switched to after my post. One of the dangers of letting posts be edited. Compared to the classic, the series II is a little more sensitive and handles more power and covers the frequency range he was originally looking for. I have used both (12" not 15) and the series II has much more punch. The classic is still a great value.

• Like 2

I have used most of these components or a similar one by the same manufacturer. All should perform well. My first concern is that the woofer you chose will probably not keep up with your horn. It is a very good woofer for it's price point but will not put out the db's that horn will. If you want to stick with Dayton the series II, or their professional version both will give you better output. Looks like a fun project. Others with more experience will chime in with more suggestions, I'm sure. Good luck with the project.

The 15" dayton series II woofer has a spl of 91 db the Dayton PA 380 that he posted has an SPL of 96? why would you say his choice would not keep up and then suggest a woofer that is 5 db's down from his choice? Also the series II woofer is only good to 1000 hz where the PA 380 is good to 3500hz?
I'm not nearly as crazy as you may think. He edited his original post. Originally he listed the link to the Dayton 15" Classic which has a lower spl than the pro model that he switched to after my post. One of the dangers of letting posts be edited. Compared to the classic, the series II is a little more sensitive and handles more power and covers the frequency range he was originally looking for. I have used both (12" not 15) and the series II has much more punch. The classic is still a great value.
I did edit it after his suggestion!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Faital Pro 15PR400 in a BR box with a B&C DE250 behind a Seos12 or H290 horn. everything form PE I think will be under 600USD I'm checking with my wholesale account.

just my $0.02 :)

BR Box?

bass reflex

• Like 2

Well that explains it then. :) I would bet the series II has more punch because it has a higher x-max, but don't quote me on that. :)

The econowave speakers are a proven build with tons of information. With a subwoofer a 12" woofer is all that is needed and 1 inch drivers are plenty enough in a home environment. I like big speakers and have a pair of LaScalla's but have been tempted to build the econowave just to hear how good they sound. Lots of reviews and information on the web. It would be a less ambitious 1st project. If I wanted to build a big 15inch system I would definitely go with a Cornscala. Bob Crites is who you need to talk to for the Cornscala. 

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?215536-Flex-Your-PCD-Mettle

David

Not in my home they aren't :D I gotta have More, More, MORE!!!! :D