New guy to Klipsch forum

Pegasus

Hello,

New to the forum.....I recently bought a pair of Reference Premiere RP-260F's along with a Reference R-10Sw Powered subwoofer. They sound great together but I think I may need 2 more speakers, I have an open kitchen and living/ dining room set up. I thought maybe a couple of Heresy lll and then use the RP- 260f's as rear speakers. Will my 90 Watts provide enough power, Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Receiver: Yamaha VRX-679 Home theater

90 Watts per channel 

CD player: Yamaha CD-S300

• Like 1

Welcome the the forum.  Personally, I would not mix Reference and Heritage speakers in the same system.  It might work OK but that would not be the ideal situation.  90 WPC should be plenty for most Klipsch speakers used in a home environment.

Edited by Seadog
  • Like 3

Thanks folks,

I listen to music and watch movies both.  I kind of thought that might be bad mixture, too much base or conflicting sounds I think ! I don't have a center speaker and have already have spent more money then planned. I will check out more of the RP line. Thanks!

Edited by Pegasus
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome     your right your RP will match better with your other RP

Just be on the lookout if any version Heresy that pops up cheap and try it out, and then go with whatever sounds best to you. If you get  some cheap enough you could always resell it for close to what you got it for if you don't like it.

• Like 2

I've owned the heresey and currently own Cornwalls which sound similar. I have also owned the rp-260. I can assure you they sound nothing alike.

What is it you are after? Just more volume? Are you actually wanting surround speakers? I mean we all want more speakers but there has to be a reason.

• Like 2

Thanks folks,

I listen to music and watch movies both.  I kind of thought that might be bad mixture, too much base or conflicting sounds I think ! I don't have a center speaker and have already have spent more money then planned. I will check out more of the RP line. Thanks!

Welcome to the club...I think that can be said about most of us.

I'm with most of the others, I wouldn't recommend mixing and matching between reference premiere and heritage.  Scrappy asks a good question though, what is your end goal?  Are you looking to build out to 5.1 surround?

• Like 2

I want to bring more sound into my kitchen and dining room without cranking up the volume of the RP 260F's. If I went with some RP 280F's,  I could also set up a surround sound system along with the RP 260F's. I agree with not mixing speakers, and think that having the 280's with the 8" woofer would complement the 260's with their 6 1/2" woofer.

• Like 3

I think if I would have bought the 280's to begin with, it would have been better, then I may not have needed to buy the extra two. Anyone out there who has an open living space, go with the RP 280's because the RP 260's may not be enough speaker!

Edited by Pegasus
  • Like 2

I think if I would have bought the Klipschorns to begin with, it would have been better, then I may not have needed to buy the extra two. Anyone out there who has an open living space, go with the Klipschorns because the Cornwalls may not be enough speaker! 

:D   It's all relative, but bigger seems better in most cases!

• Like 2

I think if I would have bought the 280's to begin with, it would have been better, then I may not have needed to buy the extra two. Anyone out there who has an open living space, go with the RP 280's because the RP 260's may not be enough speaker!

to be 100% honest there isn't much difference between the 260 and 280 besides a tiny bit of extra bass extension.
  • Like 2