FS: Oppo BDP-93 *sold*

Thaddeus Smith

I'm further simplifying my setup and getting rid of physical media for movies. So, offering up my 3 year old Oppo-BDP 93. Includes box and all accessories. Original owner, excellent condition.

$350, shipped and pp'd.

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

Ibiz is an Oppo head!  :D

Seriously, congrats on your purchase.

Thad, excellent list of movies.  If I didn't have most of them I'd purchase.  Nice to see Flash Gordon in there.  Grew up with that movie and it's awesome.  Cheesy and awesome.  Long live Queen.

• Like 1

Haha, yeah. Like I said, I've been looking.

The DVD player will go on the 2 channel system as a CD player, my mom's pretty excited about it, and the Blu-Ray player will go and play with the Emo gear. Honestly, I figured I'd only be able to find an 83, so finding the 93 is quite the nice surprise for me too. :)

• Like 1

Well, my Dad was a very close friend of one of the executive producers, James G. Robinson, and he spent a lot of time on some of the sets during filming, and got to hang out with the crew and some of the cast members, which he told me was one of the most fun experiences of his life.  Unfortunately he passed away before the theater release of the movie, but he did get to see the final cut, and the dedication to him in the credits.

• Like 10

Well, my Dad was a very close friend of one of the executive producers, James G. Robinson, and he spent a lot of time on some of the sets during filming, and got to hang out with the crew and some of the cast members, which he told me was one of the most fun experiences of his life.  Unfortunately he passed away before the theater release of the movie, but he did get to see the final cut, and the dedication to him in the credits.

That's awesome Jim.

That is one of the best stories I have heard in a while!! Amazing. 

Great story Jim! I have been tight friends with Keifer since childhood. He will always be my best friend although we don't see each other much, we talk on the phone all the time. His twin sister Rachel and his mom Shirley are a surrogate family to me. He brought Lou Diamond Philips up to Toronto after this film and we partied hard for about a month. Years later I worked with Lou on the set of "The Big Hit' and have been friends ever since. I have heard soooo many stories.

post-47930-0-72720000-1436331563_thumb.j

• Like 3