Used Klipschorns for sale

PaulFlash

Matching pair of top-of-the-line, walnut, outstanding quality, Klipsch corner speakers. The Klipschorn free-standing speakers stand four feet tall and weigh 175 lbs. each, but are still compact enough to fit in any corner of the room. The Klipschorns are designed for corners to reduce standing waves, thereby reducing unwanted room noise. The speakers have a three-way sound system with a horn tweeter and Mid-range, with a 15 in. folded horn woofer, which is equivalent to having a 30 ft. horn in front of the woofer. The speakers have a 5-way (bi-wire capable) binding post with plugs to make wiring hassle free.

It has been said that this is the finest quality speaker made. It is equivalent to having a whole orchestra in your living room. The speakers are custom built in Hope, Arkansas with the finest materials and should last indefinitely. The price of a new pair would be about $8000. The Klipschorns are very efficient due to the folded horn design and can be driven to extremely high amplitudes with only a moderately powered, high quality stereo amplifier/receiver.

• Like 1

(respectful snip, just wanted to reference the post)

The price of a new pair would be about $8000. The Klipschorns are very efficient due to the folded horn design and can be driven to extremely high amplitudes with only a moderately powered, high quality stereo amplifier/receiver.

Very fine writeup, Paul, thanks.  Very helpful to those not familiar with those fine speakers.  :emotion-21:

To make your sale especially on this forum, it is helpful to post your location, s/n's, and pictures.  Lots of pictures, including those for the speaker drivers and crossover.

• Like 1

To answer the questions to my post. I am located in Commerce Township Michigan, about 40 miles Northwest of Detroit. The speakers were purchased in December of 1983. They are in "like new" condition (see picture). The serial numbers are 20 y 221 and 20 y 222. The reason that I am selling these is that we are moving to Florida and the house that we have in Florida is too small for them.post-61433-0-88920000-1436443850_thumb.j

• Like 1

Wowzers

I see a nice pair of Ks and CECCA sees the carpet, baseboard and wall color match his house. Calling WVU Dr Dave, I think a mental health check may be necessary :o :o :o

Mark

For CECCA, I'm thinking maybe a trip to the optometrist will help.  :):emotion-21:

But you, on the other hand...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was listening to the K-horns last night and have decided to pull them off the market. I must of had a case of temporary insanity. After we sell the Michigan house, we will be looking for a house in Florida big enough to accommodate them.

• Like 12