UPS, incompetence personified!

Bonzo

I would suggest you register your name and shipping address with UPS. If you do this, UPS will automatically send you an email every time a seller creates a shipping label with your ship-to address.

Eminently practical advice!  :emotion-21:

+++

I am not the fanboy for the shipping companies, but I would point out they ship millions of packages a day.  We all complain when something goes wrong, but nobody goes on a website and says "UPS brought me a package today in good shape.  I love UPS!  :wub2: "

-Fair and balanced Dave

I am not the fanboy for the shipping companies, but I would point out they ship millions of packages a day.  We all complain when something goes wrong, but nobody goes on a website and says "UPS brought me a package today in good shape.  I love UPS!  :wub2: "

-Fair and balanced Dave

Fair point.  Knock on wood, I've had decent luck with FedEx, UPS, and USPS.  The only thing that I did have trouble with was my Denon 4520.  FedEx found a way to damage 2 separate units before the last one finally arrived in perfect shape.  The first one they damaged the found a way to completely shred the foam packing cartons, and puncture through a double box to leave a pretty big dent in the unit.  Curiously, it wouldn't power up...  ;)

I would suggest you register your name and shipping address with UPS. If you do this, UPS will automatically send you an email every time a seller creates a shipping label with your ship-to address.

Eminently practical advice!  :emotion-21:

+++

-Fair and balanced Dave

OK, FedEx delivered a pair of shoes my wife ordered and they arrived in excellent condition. They even delivered them to the correct address! :P

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 1

The driver came by today with many, many apologies. The first thing he said to me was. "I'm ready for my *** chewing!"  Turned out he is the regular driver for my area and I guess he had a bad/busy day. OK. I get that, I have had more days like that than I care to count. But, he has delivered countless packages here and knows the issues I had before.  I do know the other two packages that were delivered to the wrong address were other drivers.  

Still nothing on the amp. The note I left on the door is gone but no phone call. I did leave another note but I am not very optimistic. Looks like I will be at UPS Monday filling out some forms.

Edited by Bonzo

Members PipPipPipPip 646 posts LocationRedding California Online Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:13 AM The driver came by today with many, many apologies. The first thing he said to me was. "I'm ready for my *** chewing!"

I know you're not happy, and rightfully so, but I give full props to the driver for man'ing up and taking responsibility.  His apology was the right thing to do.   :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Members PipPipPipPip 646 posts LocationRedding California Online Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:13 AM The driver came by today with many, many apologies. The first thing he said to me was. "I'm ready for my *** chewing!"

I know you're not happy, and rightfully so, but I give full props to the driver for man'ing up and taking responsibility.  His apology was the right thing to do.   :emotion-21:

Agreed. While I'd still be frustrated, that's a nice gesture on his part.
  • Like 1

I did expect he would come by as we have had several conversations and some common interests. I was just surprised that he was the one that made the wrong delivery.

For me it was the anticipation of getting a brand new piece of gear. I purposely stayed home so I would be there when it arrived. I dug out some of my better inter-connects and speaker cable. I re-arranged the rack so I would have a nice empty space in the center for it to be displayed. Decided to move the speakers to different positions, I was ready. Then, the disappointment and a bit of anger when it arrived, just not at my house! It does sound a bit childish huh? Like the kid at Christmas who was expecting a Daisy BB gun and got a plastic dart gun instead. "You could put an eye out with that thing!"

I'm to the point that I really don't want it anymore. To quote BB King, RIP, "The thrill is gone!" I think when all the dust settles, I will ask for a refund and move on to something else. 

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 1

was ready. Then, the disappointment and a bit of anger when it arrived, just not at my house! It does sound a bit childish huh? Like the kid at Christmas who was expecting a Daisy BB gun and got a plastic dart gun instead. "You could put an eye out with that thing!"

Childish?  No, not at all.  You're not the only person to be expecting something great, then get disappointed.  Your reaction is no different from the other kids in this video. 

Hello Kitty, I hope this makes you feel better.  :)

Edited by wvu80

I hear ya Bonzo. Went through the same feeling when FedEx screwed up my 4520 twice. Both of the first 2 times I took off early from work and had unhooked my old Yamaha so that everything was ready for the 4520. Then twice I had the frustration of a mishandled and destroyed piece showing up. The last time I didn't bother to leave work, didn't even unbox the unit for a few days and really wasn't expecting to even want to keep it anymore. But, once I hooked it up and got all the setup done the excitement came back.

More than anything it's probably the hassle factor and disappointment of having to wait again that's causing the "thrill to be gone." I bet if you stick it out and get the new one it'll come back.

I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

was ready. Then, the disappointment and a bit of anger when it arrived, just not at my house! It does sound a bit childish huh? Like the kid at Christmas who was expecting a Daisy BB gun and got a plastic dart gun instead. "You could put an eye out with that thing!"

Childish?  No, not at all.  You're not the only person to be expecting something great, then get disappointed.  Your reaction is no different from the other kids in this video. 

Hello Kitty, I hope this makes you feel better.  :)

Thank you for that, it made my day and I do feel better! I don't care who you are, that's funny!

• Like 1

What Yamaha amp did you order?  I was looking at various Yamaha's as well.   If you do keep it I would love to hear your review on the gear.

I ordered the A-S701 integrated amp. I have a 501 that I use in my modest living room system and like it a lot. I'm getting tired of tubes even though they sound great with Klipsch speakers in general. I wanted something more modern, with a remote, that I don't have to worry about if I accidently leave it on. I did hook up the 501 to my Cornwall III's and it was a great sounding combination. That's when I made the decision to try the 701. It has a few more features than the 501 that I like. Of course you pay more money for it but I just sold some gear and made out very well. For the money, I can highly recommend the A-S501.

• Like 1

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, I got my amp! The owners of the delivery home got back from vacation tonight and called me. Apparently the girl watching their house took the amp inside on Thurs. shortly after it was delivered. She did get the note I left that evening but didn't call because she didn't want anyone to know the owners were away????? When I picked up the amp, the note I wrote was taped to the box directly under the shipping label. My note had my name, address and phone number with a brief description of what happened. Guess what, the shipping label that was right above my note had my name, address and phone number on it, WTF??? I didn't bother to let the owner know what I thought of her friend.

I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. Mama's leaving tomorrow for a couple of days. The Yammy' will be broke in nicely when she gets home! :biggrin: Thanks for all the props guys, you're the best!

• Like 3

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, I got my amp!

Ah, rats!  Does that mean I now have to take back all that sympathy I expressed to you regarding your situation?  :(

It's all about me.  :D

+++

Apparently the girl watching their house took the amp inside on Thurs. shortly after it was delivered

I expect you'll now be offering your UPS guy an apology for trashing him and his company all over the internet, when in fact he left your amp somewhere where a highly responsible girl was able to find it and keep it safe!    :emotion-21:   :emotion-19:   :emotion-46:

She did get the note I left that evening but didn't call because she didn't want anyone to know the owners were away????? (snip_ ...my note had my name, address and phone number on it, WTF??? I

And please don't start any new threads on "Girls, incompetency personified."  We don't want to hear it.  :lol:

Edited by wvu80