I Scratched My B&W Itch Today......

philly0116

I contacted a guy that I have bought from in the past because I remembered seeing a pair of B&W's he had. Turned out he still had them and he was willing to sell. What he had was a pair of CDM 1NT bookshelf speakers. I googled the speaker and came up with nothing but positive reviews. I went, I listened, and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I brought them home. He also had the actual B&W stands the speakers bolt to so that was a bonus. I'll be honest, its been a LONG time since I bought speakers that could ride up front with me! These things are crystal clear and sound at least twice their size. They are a little light on bass, at least for me but I have a sub so that's a negligible complaint. The Nautilus tube tweeter really sounds amazing and the kevlar driver is just tough and sexy. The overall design I feel, is very easy on the eyes. I like the modern look. At 88db, they are not near as efficient as our beloved Klipsch, however, even at lower volume I still feel like I get the full compliment of sound and when I give them the business they hang in there, get louder, and sound better. No, I am not abandoning Klipsch, I just decided I needed to open my mind and let some different sound in, thats all.  :emotion-21:

• Like 5

I owned both the RB-5's and the CDM 1NT's simultaneously. They both sound fantastic but overall, I chose the RB-5's. Different ears for different measures. both are great brands and both speakers have their positive attributes.

Congrats on the new purchase!

• Like 2

I owned both the RB-5's and the CDM 1NT's simultaneously. They both sound fantastic but overall, I chose the RB-5's. Different ears for different measures. both are great brands and both speakers have their positive attributes.

Congrats on the new purchase!

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These things are crystal clear and sound at least twice their size. They are a little light on bass

Sounds like a LaScala review!

Nothing wrong with liking both blondes and red heads.... :wub:

My wife may argue with that....shes a brunette!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

These things are crystal clear and sound at least twice their size. They are a little light on bass

My wife may argue with that....shes a brunette!!

So, she's now aware that you are not afraid to experiment and you get zero loyalty points.

:unsure:

Unless your wife finds out...

• 5 months later...

Congrats on the purchase! I used to have a pair of CDM2s.  I liked them a lot.  I couldn't tell which I liked better, the RB-5s or the B&Ws.  Both sounded much bigger than their size would indicate.  I eventually sold both simply because I had too many speakers, not because I didn't like either of them.

Yeah it's amazing the sound a quality 2 way stand mount can provide. It's takes a little more poop to get em' going but they image like crazy, are very articulate and with a good design and quality drivers bass can be very satisfying. I have a pair of Merlin TSM I rotate in/ out of my rig and they are a real joy. Actually looking at them right now -- I think I'll set them up and take them for a drive.

I heard some higher end BW stand mounts a couple weeks ago and yeah they sounded much like you described.