Recent Roadtrip Discoveries in Mo

minermark

On our recent roadtrip we are "Good Tourist" and spread/spend likely more than one should.

However spending a few days in a small town "New Florence" we had time to run around and sample life in the outback, finding a Local pub and talking to locals, they give us a wealth of info and Taste as to local fair. yes we bought "Shine" as well as Wine,Gin, Vodka, all from local distilliers, and it is good.

However wile shopping we seek something we just do not have at home.

This would be things made in state and just not found anywhere else.

At this time we have now finished TWO "Jars" that can only be found in MO.

Available on the web, because i just ordered today from both.

First up: BBQ Sauce, and by far the best we have ever had.

Contacted the company and yep, only sold in MO, but also online!

Price is pretty dam good too!

http://missourimercantile.com/smokinhermit.shtml

Next up: Bloody Mary Mix

The First/ONLY mix straight out of a bottle into a glass containing 2Oz of Vodka, throw in ice and you are sooo Done. Dare you to drink two!

Yep, only sold in Mo, and online,(thank god). and FREE SHIPPING! <Edit, the gentalman called me to say his shipping online thingy was broken, charged $15bones no biggie.

http://www.5gensalsa.com/

Edited by minermark
  • Like 6

Sounds like good stuff!  I had never heard of either of these but would like to try them some day.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll get to have much of this kind of stuff now that I've found that my ulcers came back.  

I was thinking that I was feeling pretty good so I was pretty surprised when the doctor showed me the pictures of my stomach.  I probably looked a lot like your avatar.  

Another good product from Missouri is the Apple Butter from Mt. Vernon!  Now to be fair I haven't had a lot of apple butter from other towns so I don't have a lot to compare but they make some gooood stuff.  

• Like 1

Its not sold around my neck of the woods. But if you say its good I will give it a shot. Thanks MinerMark

I have been to Apple Butter Days in Mt. Vernon and sampled some good apple butter but I never seen anyone making apple butter.

Edited by peshewah
  • Like 1

Its not sold around my neck of the woods. But if you say its good I will give it a shot. Thanks MinerMark

I have been to Apple Butter Days in Mt. Vernon and sampled some good apple butter but I never seen anyone making apple butter.

That has to be one of the best smells in the world!

• Like 2

We went to Denver to visit oldest son and tried a BBQ place. Denver needs to stop trying to make BBQ because they suck bad at it...lol... Granted we did come from some of the best BBQ in the country but dam Denver could at least make it better than we had there. Rick

• Like 2

We leave for Denver/Santa Fe in two weeks.  We went twice last year to Denver, one week on the east side and one week on the west side during August, to get out of the heat for a few days.  I agree, Denvers' BBQ leaves

a lot to be desired.  This year, I will not waste any time looking for a good place to eat, just resign myself to fast food and enjoy the air and things with the wife and dogs.  We can eat in Santa Fe.

• Like 1

Well you guys are talkin Ribs now, we like great Ribs, not just good, and here in the hometown there is nothing but a few way over priced Rib joints,easy $60 dinner, even great ribs aint worth that.

Famous Daves in Reno we hit every trip, good to have focus on moving there, and $30 bucks takes care of two of us.

LMAO, I should have known something like this would make your list.

If you go to Blacks BBQ in Lockhart, Texas and ask for BBQ sauce (and I like my bbq sauce), the owner might give you a bad look.

And by the way, thanks for sharing the info. I'm gonna order some today.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

LMAO, I should have known something like this would make your list.

If you go to Blacks BBQ in Lockhart, Texas and ask for BBQ sauce (and I like my bbq sauce), the owner might give you a bad look.

And by the way, thanks for sharing the info. I'm gonna order some today.

My Standard of "Three's"

1. made w/no crap in it.

2. it's cost is priced right

3. it taste better than what you currently think taste great.

• Like 1

MinerMark, do you eat a lot of tri-tip. I cook the hell out of it. I cook it fast, high heat over a fire of oak wood. I use Santa Maria seasoning. Dang it good. I hear it was first cooked that way in California long time ago.

Edited by peshewah
  • Like 1

MinerMark, do you eat a lot of tri-tip. I cook the hell out of it. I cook it fast, high heat over a fire of oak wood. I use Santa Maria seasoning. Dang it good. I hear it was first cooked that way in California long time ago.

Any/everything beef we gave up a long time ago, ribs sometimes is as close as we get.

Got spoiled on Bison, Deer, just one Bison Burger and i was spoiled.

No crap/fillers in it from our meat market, BBQ pork ribs is a standard on the road meal.

Bacon of course will likely be my undoing someday.

But NO more beef.

• Like 1

Blacks in Lockhart is very good indeed.  The baby back ribs are outstanding, no sauce, the ghost peppers hot sauce will wake you up. 

Angelos in Ft Worth is good for ribs also, but they have sauce if you want it, not that we ever do.  I could go on about Austin or Luling.....

drible drible drible.

• Like 1