Your Most Favorite Performance is ...

BigStewMan

One of my best concert moments was Queen, around 1982, center stage, about the 6th row. They played Tie Your Mother Down, they were all in tune and they sounded incredible!!!

The first time i met Brian May, when i came home I picked up a guitar to see if i could play better after shaking his hand….I still sounded like me. 

• Like 3

One of my best concert moments was Queen, around 1982, center stage, about the 6th row. They played Tie Your Mother Down, they were all in tune and they sounded incredible!!!

The first time i met Brian May, when i came home I picked up a guitar to see if i could play better after shaking his hand….I still sounded like me. 

That's awesome that you met so many band members. Brian is definitely rock royalty. Just curious…did you meet these bands because of your job?

That's awesome that you met so many band members. Brian is definitely rock royalty. Just curious…did you meet these bands because of your job?

Not job related.  Just in the same place at the same time or introduced through a mutual friend.

Edited by BigStewMan

• Moderators

I'm not a big Michael Jackson guy, but watched this when it first aired...he knew how to put on a show.

I saw that when it aired live well, by a fluke. He has played two sings with his brothers came out by himself and said he loved the memories of playing the "old" songs with his brothers but he liked doing new stuff too, and he launched into that song.

It launched his album and his tour, it was a "come back" for him and revealed how multi-talented he was. Everyone was trying to moonwalk in the days and weeks that followed that show, some better than others.

I think I'm going to have a new favorite performance after April 8, 2016.  I managed to get tickets for David Gilmour in Chicago.  Really excited to see this show because he is only doing four shows in North America.  Anyone else here on the forum going?

• Like 3

I think I'm going to have a new favorite performance after April 8, 2016.  I managed to get tickets for David Gilmour in Chicago.  Really excited to see this show because he is only doing four shows in North America.  Anyone else here on the forum going?

Hey Pinto -- I’m going to the March show at the Hollywood Bowl.

• Like 3

I was hoping you would be taking me, right?  I'll pay parking and beers!   :P

• Like 1

not sure what you guys pay for beer in Chicago--but that offer in Los Angeles…I’d be the one making out on the deal….last time i was at the Hollywood Bowl, beers were $12

not sure what you guys pay for beer in Chicago--but that offer in Los Angeles…I’d be the one making out on the deal….last time i was at the Hollywood Bowl, beers were $12

Right!  I will bring the flasks.  I haven't been to a show at a large venue in years.  Most recently The House of Blues for Robin Trower and Led Zep2 a LZ tribute band.  Beers there were like 5 or 7 bucks for a 24 ounce can.

• Like 2

I bought 2 tickets.  My buddy I usually go to concerts with is not sure if he's going yet!   I'll keep you in mind!

• Like 1

Chicago was the closest for me!  I would love to make the show in California.  Just too damn far to go for a concert!!!!  700 miles vs. 1400.  I'll take 700.

Edited by Pintoracer
  • Like 1

My most memorable show was The Marshall Tucker Band at NIU's Fieldhouse, front row, in 1981.  They made us feel like they were performing and partying with us.  I've posted this in RTM recently, but here is my collage from the show with pics taken from my friends and I.  At that time there was no one between us and the band.

005_zpsd7582b09.jpg

• Like 1

Chicago was the closest for me!  I would love to make the show in California.  Just too damn far to go for a concert!!!!  700 miles vs. 1400.  I'll take 700.

700 miles is pretty dedicated for sure.  Although, it is going to be March--and the Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor venue…let’s just hope that we have typical SoCal weather and not some freak cold spell or worse yet … water falling from the sky (ok, that never happens around here).

• Like 1

Yes.....Queen was one of the best shows I ever ever saw.....saw them back in 81, just a great show.

BigStewMan....you got to meet Brian May....that's just to cool my man....I grabed Ted Nugents hair at a show as he walked by me...

I was yelling Ted Ted.........well it was cool, cuz I was 16.......lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Yes.....Queen was one of the best shows I ever ever saw.....saw them back in 81, just a great show. BigStewMan....you got to meet Brian May....that's just to cool my man....I grabed Ted Nugents hair at a show as he walked by me... I was yelling Ted Ted.........well it was cool, cuz I was 16.......lol lol MKP :-)

Funny--I saw them in ’81 as well.

Yeah, I’ve met Brian a few times--he’s a cool dude. He helped me get a guitar that i was having trouble getting. Met his guitar tech last summer too--another cool guy. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Best performance I saw live was Marshall Tucker w/ Charlie Daniels at the Mississippi River Festival @ SIUE (Edwardsville IL) doing 24 Hours at a Time. Not sure how great it actually was, but it floored me at the time. (1979 ish)

Thanks for the Heart video doing Stairway to Heaven, never saw if before and it was excellent.

As for video live performances, this one stood out to me last year.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSWIFioFmw

Bruno Mars doing a tribute to Amy Winehouse.