The 30's are here! Have I lost my mind?

Matthews

• Moderators

Wall of Klipsch and my babies :) - OK, so the uploading is a drag. Having to upload to photobucket, copy from there. Paste onto my desktop. Lastly chose file to upload into a reply. UHG!!!

...this photo was a trial

trial.jpg

Beautiful, the dogs that is. Aweso.e looking shepard, what is the story on Whitey?

• Like 1

Congratulations!  Nice score.  They look near mint.  Nice pics.  I wouldn't be pushing the LaScala's out the door yet, though.  Give it some time.  I wouldn't know from experience though, because I haven't heard 30's yet.

• Like 3

what is the story on Whitey?

That is Orion (a.k.a. The Boy).  He is AWESOME!!!  Almost 3 years old now.  I have had him about a year.  He is a rescue from Missouri German Shepherd Rescue (MoGS).

We love him and he is a part of the pack :)

• Like 1

• Moderators
answer: YES! I have completely lost my mind!!!

I still see no reason to think you have lost your mind it's just 2 more speakers.

They look very nice and at a good price, nice looking room.. :emotion-21: ....but how does the midrange and bass compare ? I have never heard the 30's.

• Like 1

A Scala would make a good center!

Run a strictly 2.2 system.  Don't really watch many movies.  I like it "old school", in your face :)

....but how does the midrange and bass compare ? I have never heard the 30's.

It was a hard decision to go ahead and pull the Scala's.  My initial thoughts on direct, side by side comparison were "hmm?, those do sound different".  The 30's seem to go a little lower.  The mids of the Scala are a bit more detailed and "louder".  After some minor tuning of the amp, pre and subs, WOOHOO!!!  I love the new addition :)  - not looking back. 

While the Scala is absolutely beautiful.  The 30's footprint is less than 1/2 that of the La Scala.  All considered, this is a win...

• Like 1

I use to have a white German shepherd also......she was awesome and she had about 32 pups one went to seeing eye school ..... The father of the pups was huge white shepherd that weighed every bit of 140 pounds I was afraid to pic him up to much to weigh. I did manage to a real quick weigh in on him one day though. Even that big he listened to everything I said even though I was not the owner. Rick

• Like 1

I love the new addition   - not looking back.

Exactly!  You have learned to want what you have, not to have what you want--because that is likely to change many times.  

My question is why it so often takes a long time to acquire such wisdom? Oh well, guess that answer will become known too . . . .

Meanwhile, Matt, will send you a file by PM that I was listening to last night.  You may enjoy opening the 30s up a bit . . . .

• Like 2

Wall of Klipsch and my babies :)   - OK, so the uploading is a drag.  Having to upload to photobucket, copy from there.  Paste onto my desktop.  Lastly chose file to upload into a reply.  UHG!!!  

...this photo was a trial

attachicon.giftrial.jpg

Trial you say?

The one on the left looks guilty.