Let's see your ride! And what have you had in the past?

Trentster5172

Growing up in six Beah citys, dad working his way to end up in Newport/Balboa.

My first car came in a box, then he bought me a 67Bug and a torch/welder set, "have at it sport"

We live at the Beach, you want a car? Build it. i was 15.

post-57941-0-02780000-1437385064_thumb.j

• Like 2

Enough with the ground transportation, iv had something that flys since i was 10, sometimes it was dads, but still i could log a few hours a month growing up.

Just FINELY gave this Cessna up after having many other things to do in NorCal, for years.

I waited and stored this way to long, cost me 18K in new windscreen/Tires/maint, annual, fresh new radio(s), to make it "Appealing" for sale.....Dam.

post-57941-0-48660000-1437388141_thumb.j

• Like 2

Now i had the cessna since i moved to NorCal 20+ years ago, stored in hayward (Three hour bay area traffic) that was one reason for just not getting up for a day.

Knowing for a few years i should let it go, dont know why i waited so long, then i heard a rumor around sportys pilot shop there was a guy on the west coast testing a new composit based, Rotax powered, folding wing, Amfib !

Well after finding this guy some years back, his plan was full production by 2016 and that is still on.

Deposits were already being taken, and that was years ago, so i made one, then more every chance i got, selling off the cessna paid it off, my delivery is 2017 if all goes well.

In retirement, this is perfect.

Im NOT by any means "Well To Do" i worked 50+ hr weeks just like all you guys, asset rich,cash poor.

If i sell something my bookeeper tells me what to do with the cash, so as not to pay too much tax.

https://youtu.be/uz7nlgAjcvM

post-57941-0-64900000-1437389034_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

This one I still have. I'm third generation with this car that my grandfather bought in December 1954.

55side.jpg

engine4.jpg

Man is everything you own immaculate?  Very nice Luther.

No matter what city i lived in as a youngin, i always had a friend that had either a 56 or 57 chevy.

My Bud's never looked this good though.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Kinda sorta mine, just not official yet, I'm in line to inherit it.  1929 Model A Ford.  My grandfather bought it for $50 to transport potatoes.  They would dig them up out of the ground and let them sit there, then put the top back on this and let it idle with no driver through the field, while people on both sides would throw potatoes in it.  When full they would drive it to a barn where they would coat it with something white, maybe lime, and put them inside which would preserve them through the winter.  

He later restored it.  If you are a movie fan, you can see it in "A League Of Their Own" with Madonna, Tom Hanks, and Geena Davis.  When the ugly girl in the gym hits a home run out of the window, it pans to the parking lot and you can see it there.  Also when Geena Davis is being driven to the dance, there is a 12 year old boy driving it, and he basically asks Geena to screw him in the back seat.  My uncle was crouched down in the rear floor board ready to jump up if this boy lost control of it.  He was supposedly in the crowd behind a fence as an extra as well.  They paid him and his buddies $500 a day, each, for many days for the rights to use their cars.  They were all members of the Evansville Old Tyme Auto Club.  

10014602_10204622054568108_7298622317179

• Like 2

Probably forgot one or two, and can’t remember the year models for some--and this is NOT the order in which they were owned.

1977 Ford F-150

1980 Datsun King Cab

1975 Fiat X19

Honda Civic

Suburu

1985 Saab 900

1989 VW

Camry

2004 PT Cruiser

1999 Chevy Silverado

Dodge Conversion Van

2010 BMW 528

Currently:  2015 Ford Flex

Hope your Saab was a manual shift. We had two (86' and 88') with an AT and both of them went south within a year. Apparently the AT's needed a trans oil seal replaced between two fluid chambers of the trans and almost NOBODY got theirs done. Rebuilt trans was worth more than the car at that point.

But we LOVED the steering radius. Could do a U-turn inside a refrigerator.

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 2

Probably forgot one or two, and can’t remember the year models for some--and this is NOT the order in which they were owned.

1977 Ford F-150

1980 Datsun King Cab

1975 Fiat X19

Honda Civic

Suburu

1985 Saab 900

1989 VW

Camry

2004 PT Cruiser

1999 Chevy Silverado

Dodge Conversion Van

2010 BMW 528

Currently:  2015 Ford Flex

Hope your Saab was a manual shift. We had two (86' and 88') with an AT and both of them went south within a year. Apparently they AT's needed a trans oil seal replaced between two chambers of trans and almost NOBODY got theirs done. Rebuilt trans was worth more than the car at that point.

But we LOVED the steering radius. Could do a U-turn inside a refrigerator.

it was a stick and i loved it.
  • Like 1

Enough with the ground transportation, iv had something that flys since i was 10, sometimes it was dads, but still i could log a few hours a month growing up.

Just FINELY gave this Cessna up after having many other things to do in NorCal, for years.

I waited and stored this way to long, cost me 18K in new windscreen/Tires/maint, annual, fresh new radio(s), to make it "Appealing" for sale.....Dam.

That ICON looks pretty darn cool, and inexpensive to fly....... but at $189k and limited load capacity, I just have to go with that Cessna 182T, especially after getting her all gussied up the way you did.

Curious, did the Cessna freshen-up give you a return on investment?

• Like 2

That ICON looks pretty darn cool, and inexpensive to fly....... but at $189k and limited load capacity, I just have to go with that Cessna 182T, especially after getting her all gussied up the way you did.

Curious, did the Cessna freshen-up give you a return on investment?

Paperwork states 185SP, sold as a 185SP to a guy that has one.

I did NOT pay $189K, maybe i was one of the early birds.

And i got every option they offered at the time, under contract.

The only stipulation i made a clause for was, if they have an engine upgrade by production time, i will pay.

Was really hoping for my first turbine.

'03 Acura TL-Type S in White Diamond Pearl- no pick right now but with only 63k and still a daily driver.

Just bought my sisters 02 Acura Legend for my daughter 1st car when she turns 16 this week.

I find the Acura to be a very well made and dependable car.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer