Let's see your ride! And what have you had in the past?

Trentster5172

Now i had the cessna since i moved to NorCal 20+ years ago, stored in hayward (Three hour bay area traffic) that was one reason for just not getting up for a day.

Knowing for a few years i should let it go, dont know why i waited so long, then i heard a rumor around sportys pilot shop there was a guy on the west coast testing a new composit based, Rotax powered, folding wing, Amfib !

Well after finding this guy some years back, his plan was full production by 2016 and that is still on.

Deposits were already being taken, and that was years ago, so i made one, then more every chance i got, selling off the cessna paid it off, my delivery is 2017 if all goes well.

In retirement, this is perfect.

Im NOT by any means "Well To Do" i worked 50+ hr weeks just like all you guys, asset rich,cash poor.

If i sell something my bookeeper tells me what to do with the cash, so as not to pay too much tax.

https://youtu.be/uz7nlgAjcvM

You have to ask your bookkeeper what to do with the cash? 50s and 100s go in the left pocket, the smaller stuff goes in the right pocket, And to save a few bucks, you need to invest in some heavy duty rubber bands, it keep all the shit together with the all important paper

Marl

Some rally action in my Subaru Impreza 2.5i, taken with my Canon 7D and a remote trigger taped to my steering wheel:

I have a stock rear spoiler for an Obsidian Black Pearl 2007 WRX sitting in my garage. We replaced it with an STI spoiler on my son's car base WRX.

You want just pay the shipping and it's yours. It's been on a shelf for 5 years.  :)

• Like 1

Some rally action in my Subaru Impreza 2.5i, taken with my Canon 7D and a remote trigger taped to my steering wheel:

I have a stock rear spoiler for an Obsidian Black Pearl 2007 WRX sitting in my garage. We replaced it with an STI spoiler on my son's car base WRX.

You want just pay the shipping and it's yours. It's been on a shelf for 5 years.   :)

Hey thanks for the offer! I am happy with the no spoiler on it though. The person I bought it from had an STI spoiler on it and I finally got sick of it and took it off and ended up selling it. It was actually a PITA to have on because the previous owner never swapped the hydraulic struts and the trunk slammed shut all the time.

• Like 1

And since I love talking cars...   :)  A few buddies passed through and stayed the night on their way to compete in One Lap of America that started yesterday.  The white BMW won 7th overall and first in class last year.  The GT-R is competing in stock class, but is currently the overall #1 lead after 2 events, but he is also a professional driver (and his girlfriend and teammate can drive too).  

26126843594_1bc3a77931_h.jpg

26460630900_b2d037499e_h.jpg

Thought I'd update this:

The BMW placed First in class, fastest BMW and 8th overall.  

The STOCK GT-R driven by a pro driver took Rookie of the Year and FIRST overall.   :)

If I get the motor swap and aero done on my S2000 this winter, I may do One Lap of America next year as well.   :)

And finally, I got a dry day on track, but my Hoosier's are heat cycled out.  This session represents the 27th heat cycle on the tires and they are greasy and slow!

• Like 1

Jason, do you feel like the stock engine is a bit underpowered? I get that feeling, even when I'm in the VTEC powerband which I think is too short. It's like riding a 2 stroke bike.

What engine are you swapping into the car, and what why?

My first car was a '68 Olds 442. Bright red and oh so powerful. That was late seventies.

Fast forward to 2016 and I have had this Caliber for eight years:

114655691c4423f44fcc71989dc84138.jpg

Sixty board feet of mahogany for the new wainscoting in my home office. Fits just fine. [emoji850][emoji856]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Jason, do you feel like the stock engine is a bit underpowered? I get that feeling, even when I'm in the VTEC powerband which I think is too short. It's like riding a 2 stroke bike.

I tuned my car with E85 and lowered the VTEC so that there is no "kick".  I actually had to break out the laptop the other day to adjust for the E70 we're still at here...  Which is why I need to install my ethanol sensor and run it into the ECU so I can have it be a true "FlexFuel" setup.  

I do want more power, but I would like to be as reliable as this motor has been (like 30 track days and some AutoX's and I've only done oil changes on the motor), so no boost.  I would also like to bump up in classing for NASA and add aero, so I plan to do it as a package.  That said, I will be putting in a J35a4 (Honda 3.5L V6 found in a bunch of cars). which is cheap, common, and should be able to get around 300whp/280wtq (currently around 220whp/160wtq).  

Edited by yamahaSHO

Speaking of J35's... this was my 6-6, J35 Accord 6speed that I was assembling for the silver state challenge. Full Koni 2812 prototyped suspension.

3360566876_e417a85f35_o.jpg

3359749411_eae6b5b666_o.jpg

5008149972_499b5b9d20_b.jpg

I never completely finished the car, but it made for a heck of a street ride, even though it had a lot of trouble hooking up.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 4

They have never figured out what the germans and Italians have with matching the engine to the transmission. 

• Like 1

I tuned my car with E85 and lowered the VTEC so that there is no "kick".  I actually had to break out the laptop the other day to adjust for the E70 we're still at here...  Which is why I need to install my ethanol sensor and run it into the ECU so I can have it be a true "FlexFuel" setup.  

I do want more power, but I would like to be as reliable as this motor has been (like 30 track days and some AutoX's and I've only done oil changes on the motor), so no boost.  I would also like to bump up in classing for NASA and add aero, so I plan to do it as a package.  That said, I will be putting in a J35a4 (Honda 3.5L V6 found in a bunch of cars). which is cheap, common, and should be able to get around 300whp/280wtq (currently around 220whp/160wtq).  

There is no replacement for displacement. I think that sounds like a great swap out. What about the transmission? Will it bolt up nicely? Is there a DIY thread somewhere showing this swap and all the things you have to do?

They have never figured out what the germans and Italians have with matching the engine to the transmission. 

The gearing is fine; the engine lacks torque.

There is no replacement for displacement. I think that sounds like a great swap out. What about the transmission? Will it bolt up nicely? Is there a DIY thread somewhere showing this swap and all the things you have to do?

There are a couple shops that make kits that include an adapter for the transmission and engine mounts (none commercially advertised though).  The one I was originally looking at uses a flywheel spacer, but I'll probably have Fidanza make me a thicker flywheel.  One of the reasons I like the J swap is that I can use the stock drivetrain, just need to change the final drive with a much lower redline.  As long as I have a kit to get the motor in place, I can figure out how I want to route everything else and my AEM ECU will be able to run this engine without having to swap harnesses.  I was originally going to pull the AC, but if I compete in One Lap, I'm told that I will absolutely want to keep the AC.  :)

There are a few threads with swaps, but most seem to be pretty quiet on them. 

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1139217-j32-s2000-complete/page__st__25__p__23833303__fromsearch__1#entry23833303

• Like 1

Have you actually driven Honda's S2000? The 6 speed transmission in mine is a better transmission than in my M5.

Both the S2000 and M5 have a much better manual transmission's than my old Corvette. By a whole lot.

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

Have you actually driven Honda's S2000? The 6 speed transmission in mine is a better transmission than in my M5.

Both the S2000 and M5 have a much better manual transmission's than my old Corvette. By a whole lot.

What M5 do you have? I'm looking at an M6, and I've owned a couple M3's.

Edited by mustang guy