Soundcraftsmen CX4100 Preamp

Guest thesloth

Guest thesloth

Looking to part with my Soundcraftsmen CX4100 preamplifier. I forgot I had the thing, it was laying around in a box away from dust and moisture. I was repairing my buddies McIntosh C2200 for wicked intermittent fault that took a while to track back to the digital volume control IC. Anyway I loaned him this to use during the diagnostic/repair time and he was thoroughly pleased. The funny story was it was him whom I got it from years ago, he never really used it. Faders and pots have been cleaned out, connections to input/output jacks tightened. I give it a clean bill of health and it sounds great! I just have no use for it. If it will bring anyone here any pleasure I would be more then happy to box it up and ship her out. I figured I would ask around these parts before listing on flea bay.

Also I was building some units using 6SN7 tubes and I had picked up a large amount of them years ago. I plan on keeping some for future projects, probably around 50.........that leaves around 50 to get rid of. If people are interested I can take pictures. Yes I have a tube tester (Hickok 539b) so matching and what not can be done. Specimens are mainly Raytheon black plates, GE, RCA, and Sylvania. 

uHy6Q9K.jpg

NkpPewr.jpg

Guest thesloth

Price?

Oh yeah price.

I didn't see any for sale currently on the bay but did see one that wasn't working and went for $250. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181295808822

Because mine does not have the fader knobs lets say $175 + shipping. I am fairly certain I got the unit like it is, without fader knobs. I will have to look around for them or ask the previous owner if he has them.

As for the tubes it depends on which ones. I will do a full inventory and add pictures then update the thread.

• 2 weeks later...