Two way Klipschorns

"Nice would love to have a pair for my jamborees, how is the sound field with all those fins? Have seen several horns like that but never heard a pair."

They are OK as long as you use a tweeter,.

I have singles of the Altec 1005 and 805 if you want to pay for crating and shipping.

Yes the TAD's get that low. The specs you see don't take into account someone running 3.5 watts into them. The beryllium diaphragm removes the need for a tweeter connected to these big *** horns (37.5 x 26.5 x 16.5) (60lbs.). The mids and highs are pretty damn incredible. I was mesmerized for hours yesterday. Wow!

"The beryllium diaphragm removes the need for a tweeter connected to these big *** horns (37.5 x 26.5 x 16.5) (60lbs.)."

Really?

I suppose if you find a spot where they actually cover at HF, and then lock your head in a vice......................

Very interesting!

I really liked the Wright 2a3 amps when I had a couple of pair here several (maybe 10?) years ago. George was such a really great guy, and shared some information with me about his circuits when we spoke on a couple of occasions. He was a close friend of the gentleman who introduced me to Lowther horns about 20 years ago. Those amps use low impedance coupling between the voltage gain and output stages, and subsequently have somewhat better noise rejection than a number of other single-ended topologies with a similar compliment of tubes.

Regarding the frequency response of this two-way application with which you're experimenting: you are the one doing the listening and know what you are hearing. Just in terms of integrating a multi-driver system, where different drivers are being used for LF, bandpass, and HF (in a 3-way system), I would opt for a two-way if, based on your listening thus far, you think a tweeter unnecessary -- which is what appears to be the case. Have fun, enjoy, and stay cool (whew!)

I sorry sir, those waay over power that room, small animals have since left your neighborhood and maybe family members.

You need to sell those to someone who has some MCMs, and that just happens to be me!

Think about it, you know where to find me.