Speakercable you use on Palladiums

Mike

If I owned a pair of top of the line Palladiums I'd begin by shopping decent (but not Lowes zip cord) cables the likes of bluejeanscables.com or perhaps the offerings from Emotiva.
BOOM!

i AM a palladium owner and i use three of these for my fronts:

f2d7a926_psvftgb22.jpg 

If I owned a pair of top of the line Palladiums I'd begin by shopping decent (but not Lowes zip cord) cables the likes of bluejeanscables.com or perhaps the offerings from Emotiva.

BOOM!

i AM a palladium owner and i use three of these for my fronts:

f2d7a926_psvftgb22.jpg

Very nice cable for the money!!!!

i think the 3m originally retailed for 120$. what cool is i picked mine up at emofest for 5$ a piece. cause they were demo pieces. even bought me a few spare sets and have gave them away for icing on the cake with some of my speaker sales.  

i think the 3m originally retailed for 120$. what cool is i picked mine up at emofest for 5$ a piece. cause they were demo pieces. even bought me a few spare sets and have gave them away for icing on the cake with some of my speaker sales.

Cool! The 3meter version are now 35dollar. With this kind of finish, a real bargain! Edited by Mike

I have the same for my L/C/R Very nice cables for the money. I don't think Emo is gonna ever restock again tho, too bad.

Shakeydeal, on 28 Jul 2015 - 1:44 PM, said: I don't use a UPS, but I do use a PS Audio power regenerator on all my front end equipment. That's just a double-conversion pure-sinewave UPS without the battery and costs like 4 times as much.
So this produces pure sine-wave power?  Interesting -- I have been using PS Audio sine wave generators for several years now, and continue to appreciate how much better electric motor-driven equipment, like TTs, CD transports and tape decks, sound with them.  While I'm all set for now, I'll have to look this up.

My PSA P-300 burned out a few years ago, and could not be repaired.  So I replaced it with a more current model P3, which appears to use much less power, and generate much less heat, at idle.

Like you say, not real cheap.

Power cable:

How can replacing the last 3 feet of cable make any difference when there is several feet of other cable running back to the breaker? Mind you this other cable is thrown about and probably has a boatload of noise on it.

Speaker wire:

Not going to matter under 50 ft. Use appropriate size, and move on.

Amplifiers:

This is one I feel there are differences in. I would qualify this by saying I have seen measureable differences along with the audible ones I have heard. If two amplifiers measured the same, not sure you could hear a difference.

It comes down to your pocket, your ears. If you hear a difference, and are happy, then it is good.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Shakeydeal, on 28 Jul 2015 - 1:44 PM, said: I don't use a UPS, but I do use a PS Audio power regenerator on all my front end equipment. That's just a double-conversion pure-sinewave UPS without the battery and costs like 4 times as much.

So this produces pure sine-wave power?  Interesting -- I have been using PS Audio sine wave generators for several years now, and continue to appreciate how much better electric motor-driven equipment, like TTs, CD transports and tape decks, sound with them.  While I'm all set for now, I'll have to look this up.

http://www.psaudio.com/perfectwave-p5-power-plant/

Click on "how it works":

"The PerfectWave P5 Power Plant takes your incoming AC power and converts it to DC, similar to what comes out of a battery, and then with patented PS Audio high efficiency analog electronics, regenerates and produces new sine-wave-perfect, regulated high current AC power."

Same exact thing that a double conversion pure sinewave UPS does.

http://www.psaudio.c...p5-power-plant/ Click on "how it works": "The PerfectWave P5 Power Plant takes your incoming AC power and converts it to DC, similar to what comes out of a battery, and then with patented PS Audio high efficiency analog electronics, regenerates and produces new sine-wave-perfect, regulated high current AC power." Same exact thing that a double conversion pure sinewave UPS does.

Thanks.  I read it, but I still don't really understand the "double" in double conversion.  However, if these output pure sine-wave power the way PS Audio does, for the relatively small amounts of money seen on Amazon.com, I would certainly suggest that interested parties on the forum give it a try.  Again, the biggest benefits in my experience have been in TT's, cassette and RTR tape decks, and other things with motors.  PS Audio charges a lot for their power plants if in fact they do the same thing!

I now wonder if TT motor controllers like VPI's and Basis's do about the same thing.

Edited by LarryC