uh this thing looks to be a game changer.

Scrappydue

Coming in at 140Lbs is my kind of bigboy. Would like to experience that, really would. And im not into HT, never will be.

If you are ever in Indiana, stop by, I have a few 140+ lb beast and a few 230 + lb dual beast.  You can help me move them, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 2

Even at $1299, the bang for the buck would be two DIY sub for less.  A Marty sub comes to mind or an UM 18 vented sub.  The problem with ID subs, is the cost of doing business and staying in a competitive price range.  It's a tough go. 18 in. sub are not for most people, just a small percentage of us and the AVS crowd.  No matter how you put, they are intrusive devils to say the least, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

No matter how you put, they are intrusive devils to say the least, lol.

This really isn't much bigger of a footprint than a Klipsch R-115SW though.  It's taller, otherwise very similar.  If those can be mainstream, no reason why these couldn't be.  

• Like 2

My new two Ultimax 18's and amp came in a little under 1000.

Don't forget to post some pic's.  I take it you are going with plate amps?

Yah, I already had one SPA1000 plate powering the 2 elemental designs subs. Bought a second one so both subs could have their own amp.

I'm planning on photos, but it might be a while. Basement still needs drywall, paint, carpet...etc. And I'm doing most of the work myself.

I only bought the subs because I wanted to take advantage of PEs 4th of July sale. That and this month my cashback card gives me 6 percent at electronics stores...and for some reason that includes Parts Express :D

Not everyone can tackle DIY projects, for various reasons. This sub is the top performer for the money for those people.

DIY in itself isn't too bad at least with sealed boxes, but having something that looks good with no effort is a big plus.  With ported boxes though it becomes much more complex.  It would be nice to be able to have a huge 18 in an affordable ported box that is a proven design so that you don't find yourself in an experiment gone wrong.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Well for 1299 comparing something like the 2000$ Svs pb-13 ultra? How would it not be a game changer??

Are they like elemental? Who knows. They are fairly new and seem ambitious.

Man I made this post for the people to scared to jump into DIY. You guys are bunch of buzz kills.

Carry on.

• Like 6

Haven't looked lately but, how much for a similar retail with same or similar specs. 18 inch ported, near 1000 watts sub cost?

That was what really grabbed me is the price. Maybe we can get a review sometime.

Edited by billybob

Haven't looked lately but, how much for a similar retail with same or similar specs. 18 inch ported, near 1000 watts sub cost?

That was what really grabbed me is the price. Maybe we can get a review sometime.

Elsewhere people were saying this is the same driver that has 5" of xMech, which I find hard to believe given the size of the box, but if true, you could barely buy a sub of that caliber plus an amp and the raw wood to build the box for that kind of money.  If it is on par with a single HT-18 and maybe a weak version of an iNuke 3000 though which I suspect, you're probably looking at about $500 worth of parts and major material if bought retail.  Of course people are buying very inferior subs for twice that with a smile on their face too.  

• Like 1