Belle Klipsch center speaker for HT

artto

I currently use a RC7 mounted in a low profile "TV cart" for the HT center speaker with flanking Klipsch Chorus (RC7 for rear/surround).

I'm thinking of buying a new 55" 4K UHDTV. It has a lower/wider profile than the 61" Samsung HLT6187 LED/DLP I'm currently using.

I've done a few measurements to get an idea of what the new 55" might look like using a Belle Klipsch for the center speaker placing the TV on top of the Belle (I have a Belle that I'm not using). IMO it seems like the 55" would be sitting kind of high for ideal viewing (sitting or laying on the couch).

The Belle is 35.75" high. The 55" UHDTV is 29.5" high with it's stand, 26.5" without ( I have a wall mount unit that I can use to bring the TV down another 3" - which still seems kind of high)

Just wondering what others think (especially if you have specific experience).

Also, anyone know anything about Ovivo? That's the TV brand. About all I can find about them is that they've been an OEM for 25 years.

Edited by artto
  • Like 1

I currently use a RC7 mounted in a low profile "TV cart" for the HT center speaker with flanking Klipsch Chorus (RC7 for rear/surround).

I'm thinking of buying a new 55" 4K UHDTV. It has a lower/wider profile than the 61" Samsung HLT6187 LED/DLP I'm currently using.

I've done a few measurements to get an idea of what the new 55" might look like using a Belle Klipsch for the center speaker placing the TV on top of the Belle (I have a Belle that I'm not using). IMO it seems like the 55" would be sitting kind of high for ideal viewing (sitting or laying on the couch).

The Belle is 35.75" high. The 55" UHDTV is 29.5" high with it's stand, 26.5" without ( I have a wall mount unit that I can use to bring the TV down another 3" - which still seems kind of high)

Also, anyone know anything about Ovivo? That's the TV brand. About all I can find about them is that they've been an OEM for 25 years.

If you go to a Belle ...you're gonna need Belles or La Scalas for the left and right too. There's just too much difference between the two speakers to use it between a pair of Chorus.  I'm currently using a Cornwall Vertical as a center/tv stand - but I'm also using Cornwalls for my L/R.  The CW would be the closer match due to the sensitivity issues - but it still wouldn't be a "match".  The Belle is a different animal all together IMHO. 

• Like 1

The Belle will have a bit different timbre from the Choruses due entirely to time alignment differences of both the bass bin-midrange and tweeter-midrange crossovers.  I've done pretty extensive testing and listening, and I can tell you that correcting those time alignments and doing a little EQ will make a huge difference.  That's why I started this thread some time back:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/123370-settings-for-tri-amping-an-82-belle-with-an-active-digital-crossover/

Chris

• Like 1

If you go to a Belle ...you're gonna need Belles or La Scalas for the left and right too. There's just too much difference between the two speakers to use it between a pair of Chorus.  I'm currently using a Cornwall Vertical as a center/tv stand - but I'm also using Cornwalls for my L/R.  The CW would be the closer match due to the sensitivity issues - but it still wouldn't be a "match".  The Belle is a different animal all together IMHO. 

And (quote) Chris too............

I didn't think this would be too much of an issue because they are are both "Heritage" line speakers using the same/similar "line" of drivers/horns. I already have a voicing difference between the Chorus and RC7's.

The real issue here is by using the Belle I get another 3.5" of width reduction in the spacing of the L to R speakers (which my wife would like since the R speaker kind of blocks the open wall/baluster posts to the foyer which is one half level below the living room - raised ranch). So I thought I might as well use the Belle for a better center speaker match with the Chorus and gain a little bit more space.

The other alternative is to keep the RC7 center, sell the Belle and Chorus, and replace the Chorus with RF7 which wouldn't cost me much more. This would yield even more floor space and essentially almost not block the lower part of the wall that is open the the foyer as well as voice well with the RC7. This added space is also where the Xmas tree goes - it's always a tight fit as is.

• Like 1

Had to make a quick decision - only one (pair) left on Ebay (new) RF7 at a good price (B stock) and not too far away (free shipping).

This solves a number of issues.

So, up for sale are a pair of Chorus I (oiled oak) and a 1978 Belle Klipsch (oiled walnut). Those of you who know me and have been here know all my stuff is in excellent condition. I'll be posting this in Garage Sale later. The early bird catches the worm.

Edited by artto
  • Like 1

And (quote) Chris too............ I didn't think this would be too much of an issue

Of course, Art.  No worries... :wacko:

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

If I knew where you were located, I might be interested in the Belle.  Thanks.  Please PM me with your asking price.

email sent. we're not too far apart

• Like 1