Tips bipolar surround speaker placement

Aymen007

Hello

I think putting my new Klipsch RS-62 bipolar II has the rear speakers for surround sound, that do you think? And how high, as I look or best position to turn the subwoofer,

thank you...

I buy a pair of speaker stand for laying the surround speaker NorStone Walk Stand on it but when I check the manual and website he advised me to fix the speaker on a wall

This is a photo of my living room

208863275.jpg
493851276.jpg
955337277.jpg
832720278.jpg
698530280.jpg
192725281.jpg
305677282.jpg
265358283.jpg
903318284.jpg
602829285.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/142466286.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/526745287.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/269487289.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/641994290.jpg
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/379379292.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/642839288.jpg

equipment:
The amp Marantz SR7009 home theater
Front speaker: Klipsch RF 7 II
Surround Speakers: Klipsch RS 62 II
TV: Samsung UHD 4K 55HU8500
Thank You

Edited by Aymen007

Your seating is in roughly a "U" shape. You do not appear to have a lot of depth in the room, and the prime seating is placed against the wall, so you cannot place the surrounds behind you. To the sides, your limitations are the window on the left, and the step down on the right on the way to the door. Given those limitations, the only suggestion I would have (and I recognize it is NOT perfect) would be to place the bi-pole surrounds at the ends of the center couch (at the bottom of the "U"), elevated a bit on stands.

I have many of the same problems in the A/V room I am building, and I have given it some thought. I realize the solution above is far from perfect, and I will have to live with the problems the layout presents, hoping to mitigate the downsides as much as possible.

Welcome, and good luck!

Edited by spezjag

Hello
Thank you for the details you have given me please, can you make me a cross or a drawing where I put the exact speakers on the wall or course, feet and do only left my seat is right or behind me
other information for me most of the time, I'm still bottom of the frame is your say in front of the TV and in exact axis of the two front speaker
Thank You

HelloThank you for the details you have given me please, can you make me a cross or a drawing where I put the exact speakers on the wall or course, feet and do only left my seat is right or behind meother information for me most of the time, I'm still bottom of the frame is your say in front of the TV and in exact axis of the two front speakerThank You

If you can wait until Monday, I will draw something rough out using PowerPoint. In the meantime, can you post the general dimensions of your room? Length, width, size of the largest furniture pieces, etc.

Others may chime in, but I am thinking the surround speakers should be about one to one-and-one half meters from the floor. I do not think you need to mount the surrounds onto the wall, assuming you can find a nice, stable speaker stand.

Thanks!

HelloThank you for the details you have given me please, can you make me a cross or a drawing where I put the exact speakers on the wall or course, feet and do only left my seat is right or behind meother information for me most of the time, I'm still bottom of the frame is your say in front of the TV and in exact axis of the two front speakerThank You

If you can wait until Monday, I will draw something rough out using PowerPoint. In the meantime, can you post the general dimensions of your room? Length, width, size of the largest furniture pieces, etc.

Others may chime in, but I am thinking the surround speakers should be about one to one-and-one half meters from the floor. I do not think you need to mount the surrounds onto the wall, assuming you can find a nice, stable speaker stand.

Thanks!

Hello

Thank you very much for your help, I will do my living room measurements with meter unit or what I

length: 9.4 m

Width: 4.5 m

to the chair where I sat there and measuring 3m by 3m square another question is do I have to stay in axis of the two surround speakers or not because my place and has shifted right, I 1 meter right surround speaker and 2 meters left surround speaker by cons in this position where I I see in television axis of tv and the two front speakers

other question if it's possible to give me how to find the best subwoofer location

Thank you

Okay, this is roughly what I gleaned from your pictures:

2015%5C07%5C27%5Cbikepics-2751185-800.jp

I am assuming a 5.1 (left, center, right, with two surrounds) system, correct?

The red boxes on the bottom are where I think you would want to place the surrounds, understanding that the sofa is placed against the wall.

The "X" on the large sofa represents what I would guess to be the prime listening location for this system.  That way, you're located roughly directly between your bi-polar surrounds, with the center speaker having unimpeded projection to your location.  I do not know whether you have a sub-woofer, though really low-level base is generally omni-directional (location is not too critical).

As I noted earlier, I would think you would want the surrounds about one- to one-and-a-half meters (40" - 55") up from the floor.  You would not need to permanently affix the surrounds to the wall, but could use a high-quality, stabile speaker stand.

Give it a shot, and let us know how it turns out! :)

Edited by spezjag
  • Like 1

Okay, this is roughly what I gleaned from your pictures:

2015%5C07%5C27%5Cbikepics-2751185-800.jp

I am assuming a 5.1 (left, center, right, with two surrounds) system, correct?

The red boxes on the bottom are where I think you would want to place the surrounds, understanding that the sofa is placed against the wall.

The "X" on the large sofa represents what I would guess to be the prime listening location for this system.  That way, you're located roughly directly between your bi-polar surrounds, with the center speaker having unimpeded projection to your location.  I do not know whether you have a sub-woofer, though really low-level base is generally omni-directional (location is not too critical).

As I noted earlier, I would think you would want the surrounds about one- to one-and-a-half meters (40" - 55") up from the floor.  You would not need to permanently affix the surrounds to the wall, but could use a high-quality, stabile speaker stand.

Give it a shot, and let us know how it turns out! :)

Hi

Really waaw you are a faculty, you drew exactly what I have in my living room just I have some question for you

1: do the surround speakers should be the same distance to my main listening location does sound must be in the same line as the front speakers or not?

2: I have a brand subwoofer Harman Kardon Model TS11 250w 10 "woofers, I want to know what is the best position for the subwoofer in my living room and how to find the best position for him

3: If you advise me to ask the surround speakers to a height of 1.5 meters from the ground normally like that will arise in the blackberry, I can not laying on the feet because they are not the same height as you want -it was 70cm of soil Thanks

1.  I do not think you need to be in the exact center of a circle formed by your speakers.  I say this because you need to remember that your speakers are not all of the same sensitivity, and their output will vary significantly from the main (L/C/R) speakers.  Additionally, your receiver likely has a digital signal processor (DSP) that will allow you to adjust the output of the various speakers.  If your receiver is really modern (last five years or so), it may already have a capability to adjust your speaker outputs automatically, using a microphone.

2.  As I noted previously, sub-woofers are generally not directional (this means they do not have to be aimed direectly at you in order for you to feel their effects).  As such, placement of the sub-woofers is much less critical than for the main speakers.

3.  If I understand this last question, the plants in your living room cannot be moved.  I would term this an architectural constraint.  To the best of your ability, place the speakers as near to the diagrammed position as possible, without distrubing the plants.  You do not need to place the speaker stands in the planters. 

The reason I would advise getting as near as possible to the design, but not disturbing the plans (assuming they cannot be moved) is that the surround speakers' outputs is much less critical than that of the main (L/C/R) speakers.  The bi-pole design of the surounds (unlike the directional design of the main L/C/R speakers) is meant to create a sense of ambiance, rather than shooting a sound signal directly at you.

Regardless of how exact you can get the distances of the surrounds from your desired listening position, however, I recommend that each surround speaker be as close as possible to the same height from the floor as the other surround; try to have them both be the same distance from the ceiling (this takes out of the equation the varying floor issues, like the planters).

I hope this helps!

Edited by spezjag
  • Like 1

Now that I can see the pictures again (they were blocked by the system filters at my office), I am convinced that the best place for the surrounds is at the corners of the sofa against the wall. The corner near the window is not ideal, but the trade-offs are outweighed by the benefit of being seated as near to the center of the surrounds as possible.

There are several good speaker stands available that should suit your purpose, and they are inexpensive enough that you can afford to experiment with them.

Edited by spezjag

ok big thx for you please tel me where i put it in my marantz sr7009

in surround r & l  or surround back r & l

for measuring the location of pregnant eg 1.8 meter is what will be the level of his or tweeter size of pregnant how it spends its measure
I go in the meter mature in over my head into the wall from behind

70093.JPG

I am not familiar with your model (though I have an older Marantz receiver - the SR-18).  As I read the panel on your unit, however, I would think the outputs you would use are the ones marked "Surround Back" (both L and R).

The good news is that if this is wrong, and you decide that it sounds better in "Surround" than it does in "Surround Back," all it will be is a matter of swapping out those connections.  A little bit of a hassle, but not too bad.

Let us know how it sounds!

Edited by spezjag

• 3 weeks later...

Hello
please i buy Center Speaker Klipsch RC 64 II i need your experience where i can fix it
above or below tv and please you can give me model wall support for this speakers and where i can fix it exactly

that is also possible to put the TV above or there is a risk of vibration or the TV will be heavier for speaker
Thank you

Edited by Aymen007

That decision really depends on what you're most comfortable doing.  The issue you'll have with below the TV is that you'd need to angle the speaker to fire upward so that it fires toward ear level.  That would make it diffcult for you to locate the TV on top of it, so you'd need to mount the TV to the wall most likely.  If you mount above, you'd probably have the best results angling the speaker down a little bit to fire toward ear level. 

I built my own center mount, so I won't be able to help you as to what is best there. 

Based on this picture that you posted of your setup, I'd recommend placing the center at the top of the television.  The rationale: getting the midrange horns all at the same height will improve the surround sound effect - even for your bipolar surrounds, although most people wind up placing them much higher than the fronts.  I've found that having all the surrounding loudspeaker midranges at the same height (like THX has recommended) is a big deal.  Try it and let us know if it produces a smoother enveloping sound all the way around.

208863275.jpg

• Like 1