"Tubes and Klipsch" section- put in your 2 cents!

The only  downside I see is that with more forum sections, you could end up having less activity. I think the two channel is adequate. Besides how could someone try to convince the other person that one topology is best when they are isolated in their own tribal section!

The only  downside I see is that with more forum sections, you could end up having less activity. I think the two channel is adequate.
I agree.  I rescind my earlier suggestion for a poll, and also think 2-channel is just fine for this purpose.  It gets confusing and extra work to have to guess which place you have to look for the subject areas you want to see. 

As opposed to a sugar thread? Or the Bullshit forum for "distinguished" members?

I personally don't have anything against those types of posts or forums, but when I've had questions on tube amps and posted, I've had numerous "views" but only 3-4 responses if I'm lucky. With the tube section, those same questions can go to them directly, instead of having numerous people look at them only to not answer

On Heritage speaker questions I've asked the response has always been "just buy them because they are Heritage" and decide later. Really?? And none of them were in depth on differences of why they felt they were better,or even took the time to explain why they purchased theirs.

On HT questions everyone has had including some of mine. When a question is asked about a particular series, the answer is always, get rid of those and buy this model (usually what they have), and the OP question is never answered. And when someone does try to answer the question, they get ganged up on as not knowing what is good or not.

My very 1st port was asking to upgrade or not. And everyone said get rid of those and upgrade, those speakers are garbage,and what did they steer me to? Their speaker line with no explanation.

I just think if we are going to have clicks,like this site does have, we should be able to choose where we want to go withing those clicks. Why should we have to go on several different forums, to jump back and forth from site to site when we can do it all here.

I can honestly say there are very few on this site who actually take the time to explain things and educate others. I came to this site at the recommendation of Klipsch as I had questions that they said would be answered. Unfortunately there's a lot of bickering between clicks that spill over to the other forums. And a lot of the questions turn into attacks against each other because of differences of opinions.

I again would like to see a tube section, as well as a Heritage section, Synergy section, Reference section, KG section, or any other sections that are following a particular line. They have it for some, but not others. How can anyone give an educated answer on a Synergy product if they've never owned one, but only own Heritage? The response is usually that line is not as good as this line, get rid of yours, upgrade and you'll be happy as I am.

Just more of my 0.02

Sorry, I dont understand what " sugar" section means. Also, who said that the section for 5000 post folks was for distinguished members? Do you think that they are secretly answering all your questions there? Sorry to inform you but I am pretty sure that is not the case!

My limited experience and observation suggests that the more specialized forum topics are the more boring the and limited the discusion. Again JMHO

certain outcast members were allowed to discuss things that polluted other named forums, rather than just ban those retards. The forum you speak of was not designed to help create new sales for Klipsch, but rather to admonish those free radicals that my cost Klipsch new sales.

Really?

Now I'm a denizen of 2Channel. It's been my place of choice since coming here a decade ago, and the source of most of the friendships I've formed here. However, I agree with t Maynard, that discussions on the technicla apsect's of tubes are seldom given a  full airing here, and I would welcome a separate section for Tubes. It was only, what a year or so that the number of forums was dramatically shrunk when we changed over to the new software.  Adding back a couple of sections would hardly clutter up the pale. 

As far as a clique goes,  that's nonsense. Was the Mod section a clique?  How about the subwoofer section?  And what about those strange people who are into surround sound?

It's no big deal folks. Let's give it a whirl. If it doesn't work out it's easily merged back into 2 Channel.

• Like 1

Guest thesloth

As I mentioned before, tubes are not just for two channel playback. Some members on here have home theater setups using tubes.

OK, so where does this go from here?  I've not seen Chad in this thread.  How does this go to the next level (along with my Heritage sub forum....)?

Not sure yet.  I'm waiting to find out how many are interested in a tubes section before proceeding.  I'm surprised at the few negative responses though.  Trying it for 6 months sure won't hurt anything and, as Marty stated, if it doesn't work out it can be eliminated.

Maynard

Joshnich, there was a post talking about how sugar is bad or something along the line. I don't know how that would be construed Klipsch speaker talk as some say in their comments, but from my end, it doesn't bother me if someone posts about that or about working at a rocking horse plant painting the A-Holes on them. If they have someone replying to their posts and have a venue they can go to for those posts it makes it easier.

OK, so where does this go from here? I've not seen Chad in this thread. How does this go to the next level (along with my Heritage sub forum....)?

Not sure yet. I'm waiting to find out how many are interested in a tubes section before proceeding. I'm surprised at the few negative responses though. Trying it for 6 months sure won't hurt anything and, as Marty stated, if it doesn't work out it can be eliminated.

Maynard

Unless this thread is continually bumped to the top, I don't think you're going to see a lot more interest in it or posts relating to what people want or don't want… And, who really cares what the naysayers say? They don't have to read it, just like I don't read the thread about sugar or OxyContin or other subjects about which I have no interest. Honestly, there is no way that you were going to get a couple of hundred positive responses as you were hoping for in your original post. What it is going to take is a push by you and a few others to the admin in order to create the section.

OK, so where does this go from here? I've not seen Chad in this thread. How does this go to the next level (along with my Heritage sub forum....)?

Not sure yet. I'm waiting to find out how many are interested in a tubes section before proceeding. I'm surprised at the few negative responses though. Trying it for 6 months sure won't hurt anything and, as Marty stated, if it doesn't work out it can be eliminated.

Maynard

What it is going to take is a push by you and a few others to the admin in order to create the section.

Tried that.  I was accused of a personal attack and the thread was locked! :(

Maynard

• Moderators

I have no problem with a tube section, but I thought 2 Ch was where tube topics were for as long as I can remember ?

Where else would they have been except 2 CH, so if people didn't keep up a thread/s in 2 ch discussing it like in the past, sounds like the tube people have been slacking. :o Well sorry you asked for our 2 cents. :D

But really, why not a tube section and I have an idea. For us who know very little about tubes, one or all of you tube guys should make some sort of general info into tubes which is straight forward info that can be used as guidance for people to learn which direction to go if interested in trying tubes. Things like rough price ranges, WPC, different designs .........you know better than me, go for it you have your own address now. :emotion-21:

Chad, you don't get paid enough, my friend.

LOL!  But he kills me with that dry, midwestern humor.  He is so expressive with just a couple of sentences.

+++

Maynard, congratulations on the new tube section, you are birth'n a new baby!  I love your passion for the subject.  B)

• Administrators
LOL!  But he kills me with that dry, midwestern humor.  He is so expressive with just a couple of sentences.

Hey, I give fair warning in my signature! :ph34r: 

Also, my previous comment about emails to my boss is NOT an endorsement to keep emailing her about forum issues. I ask that you all have patience with me, as I have PLENTY with you fine folks. 

• Like 1