Epics in Denver Pawn Shop $350

musicook

http://denver.craigslist.org/eld/5138707537.html

The labels are illegible, but they look like Epic CF4s in need of a lot of work.  They are gouged up, and the woofers were somewhat sloppily caulked in.  I only looked at them for a minute.   They woofers look original, but I'm no expert on these speakers, so I can't say for sure.  The ports seemed very short maybe a couple inches.  If someone wants a restoration project or want's the parts, it may be a good deal.

I couldn't tell the length of the ports from the pic.  Someone would have to get a ruler and physically measure front-to-back inside the port, which you can easily do with the port still installed since your hand will fit completely inside.  If they are anywhere close to 5 inches long they are version 1 only.

If the pic color is accurate, then judging from the black looking horn it is a version 2 or 3.  The version one has a noticeable grey look to the horn.

Even if it is a version 2 or 3, $350 with the grills is not a bad price, and it would make a fun restoration project.  If they are $350 for version 1's somebody should pick them up quick!  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

As I mentioned in the original post, the ports were not very long.  They were the short ports of a couple inches.  I know there's been lots of discussion on the fact that the later Epics don't sound as good.  I owned a later version, and I thought they sounded awesome.  I just didn't want black speakers in my living room.  I haven't heard v1 yet.