My son jumping off of a 60' Cliff

Youthman

• Moderators

Thought I would share this video of my son jumping off of a cliff at Goat Island in Guntersville, Alabama.  It scares the mess out of me everytime I do it.....but man what a rush!

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 7

We have a 70 footer here in VT Red Rock on Lake Champlain.  To high for me I do the 35 footer at Split Rock over in NY near Ausable.  You start with a 12 footer and further down the river is the 35 foot drop.  Close your legs tight or your balls will be in your abdomen. :-)

See here:

http://www.tripbucket.com/dreams/dream/cliff-dive-red-rocks-park-south-burlington-vermont-united-st/

I was wrong it is closer to 80 feet!

Split rock is just gorgeous but can be real dangerous after a rain.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/waterfalls/SplitRockFalls.html

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 2

We have a 70 footer here in VT Red Rock on Lake Champlain.  To high for me I do the 35 footer at Split Rock over in NY near Ausable.  You start with a 12 footer and further down the river is the 35 foot drop.  Close your legs tight or your balls will be in your abdomen. :-)

That is high and funny. All in the landing. Brought back a memory from a misspent lost weekend when I was in my early twenties. My parents had a cottage up in the Haliburtan Highlands in Ontario. My father had bought a new motor for the boat, can't recall the size but it was big. My brothers and a few friends of ours went up for what was more or less a Molsons beer commercial weekend. Spent the Saturday waterskiing like crazy. This one buddy of my youngest brother was skiing for the first time and had a knack for it. We were doing a crazy corner whip where you would let go and try and time a slide into shore. He misjudged, was wearing some of those at the time new lightweight shorts style bathing suit and wiped out in the exact wrong position. More or less gave himself a forced thirty mile an hour enema. I still laugh remembering him do this odd hopping,galloping run sort of thing up the hill to the outhouse.

He was there for quite a while and whenever we get together ( pretty rare after all these years), the story always comes up.

I fell off a cliff through trees about the same height when I was 14. Wasn't as much fun as that. The cliff that separates Hoboken from Jersey City was a staple when we were young playing manhunt.

• Like 1

Nice, right on the Tennesee River. Looks like a lot of nice boating down there.

Gotta just love the American South. I like to think of it as my future homeland - for at least six months a year when I retire.

My father had a place for many years outside Tampa Florida. Have always found that southerners and northerners ( believe it or not),are quite similar.

Yep, we only live once.

Of course we do not give that much thought in the teen years, Clif jumping was one of my safer endevors.

Growing up i was chewed out by parents, lifeguards, cops, firefighters, dad's friends, mom's friend's, Ice cream man, neighbors,

Drill instructors, cheif of the boat, Xo of the midway, flight instructors, doctors, lawyers, FCC, IRS.

Good to see someone in this generation put down the phone/video game :emotion-21::emotion-19:

• Like 3