one year ago.....

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE

Sooooo about the same time, and one year ago I joined this Klipsch forum thing....

From my very 1st post I was made to feel welcome. There was some fun poked at me for some laughs. But it was all good. 

I was on the site a few times before I joined just poking around. So I decided to give it a shot. 

What a place.....there were people hear that owned more Klipsch speakers than me.....and just had more gear than I did. I quickly told my wife....."see I don't have a problem".... Then my kids find out that I joined a forum to talk about speakers and audio gear...they were laughing at me.....then they find out that there are women on this forum that I have spoken with.....They were asking my wife  "do you know daddy is talking to women on his forum".... It's like I was a criminal...

They just don't understand this audio thing......Most of the time it's parents telling there kids to turn that dam music down......not at our house.....my kids are like..."dad my walls are shaking can you turn it down some"? lol lol..

Well in this year I have seen some stuff.....some really funny shitt, some form member's getting pissed off with each other, some saying there leaving, watched some threads get locked up.. yea I read them but didn't say a word.... and Iv'e watched other forum members giving some help to other forum members.....But the saddest was the passing of Boxx...I was just starting to know his witt.. Yes that was a sad day.....I asked my wife how could I be so sad and so upset over a man I never meet??? Talking with some of my friends I was not the only one who shed a tear...and then the night we all got together and played Pink Floyd for Boxx. I was at the shop working...pumping out the watts to the KP-362's...yea I had a big lump in my throat....

Well what I want to do here is to thank all my friends and all the great people that come to this site to help and teach others. Cuz I sure need it...I may have a good bit of audio gear but I'm no "audiofile"... On my 1st post I stated I want to learn....and I have from so so many that really know there shitt....so yea thank you...

So to all my klipsch peeps...it's been a great 1st year and I look forward to many more....and one day I hope I get a chance to meet some of you...

Take care all..

In the words of Boxx...I will "come often, post often"

MKP :-)

Oh yea one more thing...Tarheel you are the one that "coined" me MKP...thanks I liked it... 

• Like 20

MKP, it occurs to me that tomorrow is that very same day for me. Although, unlike a year ago...1, I have totally terra-formed the house. And 2, I will be working all day long...with fish. Mmmmmmm........

Lot's of Love

- The Klipsch Forum Baby

:lol:

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nice post, it is true, it's more than just audio and a great place to learn. I have learned more in the 12 years I have been here than the previous 30 years of trial and error.

Glad your here, and hope you stay, just ignore the people who think your nuts we think your normal, well close enough anyway. :P

Congratulations on a year  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:

• Like 4

• Moderators

9 years one month and about one week ago, a younger BigStewMan made his first post, for a first post it was unbelievable, everyone was shocked and surprised by his knowledge of almost everything, it was perfect !

OK I don't remember it at all but I am sure glad he is here and still going strong.

• Like 4

• Moderators

MKP, your post made me smile. I can not tell you how many friendships have been formed on this forum through the years. I laughed even harder at "talking to women"! Most of you know dtel does not have a cell phone and refused to talk on the phone most of the time. Most often I'm the one talking to forum members (friends), all of whom are males! So many in fact that I don't even think twice about it. I usually speak to four or five forum members a week on the phone, most have been friends for almost ten years.

We lost a few through the years, OldBuckster and Boxx, as well as wives and children of forum members. The losses never come easy because all of you are our friends.

The friendships formed are one of the main reasons Dtel and I attend every gathering we possibly can. There is nothing better than meeting up with old friends. Each friendship was developed in the internet, pretty amazing when you think about it.

Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have many more here with us.

Christy

• Like 4

There was talk of renaming the Klipschorn the Stewhorn; but, i put an end to that nonsense rather quickly.

I will admit that this cool cat named dtel was one of the guys that i enjoyed talking to and thus i stuck around.  I started off rather slowly…the first couple of years were sparse.  Then got in with some of the regulars…drank a lot of beer, listened to a lot of music…and told you all about it.  Now, i listen to a lot of music; but, don’t drink any beer (ok, i had one sip of a Stella the other night).  Had to say goodbye to some nice ones Oldbuckster and Boxx. Not sure why i’m here and they’re not.  Anyway, Mark--you’re off to a good start…people seem to like you.  I had to send everyone gifts.

• Like 3

We lost a few through the years, OldBuckster and Boxx, as well as wives and children of forum members. The losses never come easy because all of you are our friends.

Wow Christy--we posted at the same time and mentioned the same people -- great minds think alike….well, your post showed up first, so you look like the great mind and i look like a copy cat; but, i can live with that.

• Like 4

Great forum and even more important, great people! I read posts from this forum every day. While I don't have much to contribute I have learned a ton from everyone here.

Cheers MKP!

you just contributed just fine.    here’s my advice…just say what you want about whatever you want.  i find the technical discussions rather boring--i’d rather use my brain cells trying to be sarcastic or hopefully make someone laugh or smile.  You bring something to the table that nobody else can--your life experiences, so share them.  I think i’ve had a boring life; but, i’m surprised when people tell me “you’ve done so many exciting things.” 

Steve

• Like 5

• Moderators
i find the technical discussions rather boring--i’d rather use my brain cells trying to be sarcastic or hopefully make someone laugh or smile.

It's no wonder I like you, we think alike, the big difference is I never gave up the bad habits yet. Are they really bad habits if you like them and have no intentions of changing ?

I have to say I didn't like the Stewhorn idea, sounded funny to me.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Are they really bad habits if you like them and have no intentions of changing ?
well, i’ll have to let the resident therapist speak about that one…by the way, if i didn’t have an angry pancreas, i would still be drinking lots of beer. 
  • Like 2

In the words of Boxx...I will "come often, post often"

MKP :-)

You need to be careful with that Phrase.    

Those that don't know might Think.  Well Kinda like Kiss and Tell.  :rolleyes:

Those that Know, Understand the Memories.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Yup, it's more than even community, it's family. I've met more of you guys than I can possibly count and had more fun times than I can recall.

The gear that makes music is not exactly a byproduct but seems like a bonus compared to the value of all the friendships. 

• Like 1