1983 Oak Belles FS, South Bend, IN area SOLD

jimjimbo

Having just bought some '87's for a lot more than that (although the freight was a killer). I have to say, these are a steal at jimjimbo's asking price.  However, there was someone that got a very similar pair (pickup only) on eBay yesterday in MA for $1,576... that was a real steal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the unintentional bump....those are very interesting looking...and I'm cuttin' you some slack in my FS thread, ONLY because you are wearing a Seahawks hat, and you are in the PNW.  I know that Gorm is in the midwest, so freight could certainly be a killer for him too....

• Like 1

Thanks for the unintentional bump....those are very interesting looking...and I'm cuttin' you some slack in my FS thread, ONLY because you are wearing a Seahawks hat, and you are in the PNW.  I know that Gorm is in the midwest, so freight could certainly be a killer for him too....

Yah, that would be killer.

Not that I wouldn't want your KHorns but I'd stick out for matching Veneer as well.

• Like 1

You don't happen to have a pair of Oak K-Horns that you'll be selling do you?

Looking a nice pair of Oak Heritage...but trying to hold out for K-Horns.

Gorm,

Didn't see where you live, but I've got a beautiful pair of '82 Birch K-Horns, with networks freshly rebuilt by Bob Crites, that I have for sale.  Would prefer not to ship and I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

Here's a picture:

Those are beautiful.  I think Schu has been thinking abotu K Horns.  May be close enough for a sale. 

Dude, you are killing me, those would look so sweet in my hearth room with the pine paneling... but I'm way up past my neck in unused speakers still... glws

Trade for ?

Oh, wait, a question....did you sell the Anniversary Khorns?

Edited by jimjimbo

Jim,

Those Belles are absolutely beautiful, like fine furniture.

Hey Schu, you stoked an idea for me, (thank you) and wondering if anyone else has tried or is using 3M Scotchgard fabric and upholstery protector on their speaker grills?  Any downsides to that?

My thought(no scientific evidence) is that the use of 3M Scotchgard "might" render the grill cloth less acoustically transparent. :unsure:

Or not?

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

I'm in Charleston SC. My birthday is 8/25 and my wife just asked me if there a big ticket item that needed to be justified. I mentioned the belles. I would really like to get it worked out somehow.

I hope this works out for you.  Only other vintage piece like a 66' Shelby GT350 would be a better gift. ;)

mump_0711_01_z+1966_shelby_gt350+front_v

Not mine, just a photo I found on the web.

Bill

• Like 3